Bugs? Blank windows when manipulating images in Newscoop 4.0.2
  • Hi:

So I'm having somes issues/bugs, I will reproduce the steps below:

PROBLEM #1
    1.- Click on edit article
    2.- Upload a new image file: upload works fine, but when I click on the Next button to add metadata to that image I get a blank window page.
    3.- I click on the X to close the blank window and get back to the article edit mode and can confirm that the photo is uploaded correctly.
    4.- When clicking on the recently uploaded photo you can add metadata and save as normal.

PROBLEM #2:

Blank page when clicking on an image for editing in Media Archive:

1.- Click to enter Media Archive
    2.- Click on any image and I get a blank page.
    The URL in the browser is like this http://yourdomain.com/admin/media-archive/edit.php?f_image_id=90 but the page is blank.

PROBLEM #3
    1.- Click on Add new Image button on Media Archive. Image is correctly uploaded, but when I click over the Save All button, I get a weird page with no style. (See attached image)

PROBLEM #4
    In Media Archive:
    Click on Add new Image, paste Image URL on field, then click on Save, and the resulting page is a not styled page with only text and the image thumbnail with options to change image attributes but with no Save button!
    If you go back to Media Archive, and clic on this image, you can edit it as normal :O but you can't do it with an uploaded image, just with images fetched by URL.

In all described problems no errors are shown, just blank pages.

Thank you

701 x 552 - 6K
    Post edited by Oscar at 2012-11-18 14:41:00
  • 11 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    add into .htaccess
    SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV "development"

and try again. You will get an error report.

• Hi:

I have added the line:
    SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV "development"
    to my .htaccess file, and when reproducing the steps I still get blank pages, no errors on screen. Also the error_log file is not getting changed.

Thank you
  • Hi:

Any update from developers or advice?

Thanks
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    check apache error log file for php errors
  • Reply to @Andrey+Podshivalov:

Hi:

error_log file shows some errors like the ones below:

[18-Nov-2012 13:05:30 Etc/GMT+6] PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/username/public_html/portal/include/HTML/QuickForm.php on line 1707
    [18-Nov-2012 13:05:30 Etc/GMT+6] PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/username/public_html/portal/include/HTML/QuickForm.php on line 1864
    [18-Nov-2012 13:05:30 Etc/GMT+6] PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/username/public_html/portal/include/HTML/QuickForm/RuleRegistry.php on line 128
    [18-Nov-2012 13:05:30 Etc/GMT+6] PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/username/public_html/portal/include/HTML/QuickForm/group.php on line 302

Those are the most recent errors, but I don't know if they are related to the problem or to something else.

Thank you
  • hi,

those are not related. can you check if there is some line with PHP Error or PHP Fatal Error ?
  • hi,

those are not related. can you check if there is some line with PHP Error or PHP Fatal Error ?

Hi Petr:

I checked the error_log and see no errors like the ones you said.

Any advice?

Thank you

• not sure, is the site public? if so and if you can send me some temporary login via pm i will check it.
  • hi,

can u try to add at the beginning of application.php file this line:

error_reporting(error_reporting() & ~E_STRICT & ~E_NOTICE);

i think problem is error reporting level (in combination with newscoop).
  • hey,

so i've found the problem - missing exif support in php. i've added some code to fake it so now it works.
    we will patch newscoop with similar code.
  • Thumbs up Petr!

I've checked and all the 4 bugs I posted on the first message are solved.

Exif is now enabled on the server, but php was downgraded from 5.4.8 to 5.3.18

Newscoop seems to load faster on 5.3.18 :O not as heavy on 5.4.8

Thank you