After moving the server, fit and crop not working
  • Hi,

Few days backwards, we moved to new server and suddenly crop and fit images aren't created anymore?
    Nothing is generated under images/cache/ and when i delete previous items under it, nothing new is also done. Image upload work, thumbnail is created. But editor can't see any rendetion samples or change them...Images just not found (actually not generated). Anyone has any idea, where to look?

Checked database, all images have dimenions, gd is installed, file permissions are fine..

Best wishes,
    Rauno
  • 12 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    it could be only a file permissions issue or folder missing. Check it for:
    images/cache
    images/image_cache

• Reply to @Andrey+Podshivalov:

images/cache and images/image_cache have full permissions (777) and owner and group is www-data. Still fit and crop images aren't generated..
    Post edited by Rauno at 2012-10-31 05:25:19
  • Hi,

1) Open an article
    2) Make sure to attach images to it via the Media Archive widget on the right side
    3) After attaching, click on the "Place images" button
    4) What happens in that popup? are the placeholders populated? do you get any error?

Let us know.

All Best,
  • Reply to @Holman+Romero:

Hi,

Clicking Attach and uploading image results as this:
    http://i.imgur.com/PiY6H.png

Therefor Image is upload and thumbnail is done, only fit/crop images aren't done..

Rauno
  • Problem seemed to resolve after fresh install (old theme and db) + switching from nginx back to apache. Is there a available working ngix vhost to use? As nginx gives huge performance+. Also, might it be php-fpm configuration tweak? All ideas are welcome on nginx+php-fpm.

Many thanks,
    Rauno
    if you would like to get more complicated (unstable) solution then try to set up nginx+php-fpm
    Airtime is not a cms that could be used on very high-load site. I recommend you using apache or nginx+apache for some reason. I don't see any reason to use fpm for airtime.
  • Reply to @Andrey+Podshivalov:

Aren't we talking about Newscoop?
    oops, I was in Airtime context. But anyway I recommend using nginx+apache instead of nginx+fpm.
    Use keepalive between nginx and apache (by default keepalive disabled) and it will be faster even than nginx+fpm. The memory is not an issue now.

Post edited by Andrey Podshivalov at 2012-10-31 14:05:05
  • Okay, will try to set up nginx with apache. Also installed varnish which makes everything to almost fly. One problem is that when I turned On APC in Newscoop preferences then some anomalies were starting to happen. For example I have 3 playlist on frontpage. 
    1) Displaying 1 news item in header
    2) Like in default displaying topstory+frontpage news
    3) Frontpage bottom news
    When APC is turned on then 1. and 2. will display exactly the same news item as first..and actually playlist have different items..Really weird..any suggestions? 

P.S One little issue with varnish also, CMS content images aren't showing (get_img?ImageId=xxx). I guess there should be varnish rule not to cache it?
    Q: Why CMS content images are delivered by php script and other images are displaying directly from cache ?
    Post edited by Rauno at 2012-11-01 02:37:24
    don't use apc - it's buggy on 64bit machine. Use xcache instead.

• Thx for information. Any ideas about get_img ?