Request: SmartBlock Attachement to events
  • Hey guys.

After days and weeks of researching and trial and error..i couldn't make liquidsoap stream 24/7 rotation along with a schedule (all inside liquidsoap, not 24/7 in liquidsoap and schedule in airtime)

if i try to rotate music from 2-4 in sunday and then put a show from 4-6..liquidsoap will not interrupt whatever is playing. and just wait for it to finnish.

Example:  ({ (0w) and 14h-16h}, rotating),
    ({ (0w) and 16h-18h}, some show),

Your asking yourself why i go all this trouble...

Well Airtime dose not support playlist to be sticked forever to an event that i create in the calendar. which makes a very difficult and time consuming process of manually attaching playlists to shows...and in my radio station's case..thats a lot of shows. because all of them are scheduled, not live.

All this brings me to a formal request to try and work on this feature for next releases, i think i'm speaking for a lot of broadcasters/station managers out there, this feature is imperative!

With the new smart playlist options, the station can almost run automatically untouched! how?

Direct FTP play: with the help of the smartblocks, basically a dj can upload his show to assigned ftp folder, smart block reads that file with the help of watched folder feature, and attaches the uploaded file according to the smartblock settings. then, the smart block IF attached to an event, play that file in the event time...so basically you have a drag and drop for dj's...and automatic broadcast of the upload, without even touching airtime or the calendar ;)

This feature gives an extreme automation, and it could not have happend without the smartblock...so your already half way there ;)

How can i request this feature, officially?

Post edited by Guytrance at 2012-10-04 07:24:42
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    If I understand you correct, your request is similar to mine! http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/14634/possibility-to-make-filepath-usable-in-smartplaylist
    If you could use the filepaths as a filter criteria in smart blocks, you could do this.
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.