A bit of help
  • Vote Up0Vote Down BartBart
    Hello , bonjour all,

Not so long ago I found the "airtime" application using our best friend 'google' :)
    Now, I'm having some questions..most probably those are stupid questions, so forgive me :

- In the documentation I saw an example for scheduling ads/jingles/etc every 15 minutes.
      But it's also mentioned that the liquidsoap script file can be overwritten during upgrades.
      Does that mean that for each upgrade, you need to do the same things again, and pray that it will work?
      Also, isn't it possible to foresee something so that you can load your own / customer liquidsoap script, so that it doesn't get overwritten?

- I saw, multiple times, that the smart playlist was planned for the 2.1.3 release . but it's not there in the 2.1.3 release, it seems.  Do you know when it will come?

- is it possible to schedule somehow commercials at a certain time?
    for example, I want a time signal to start exactly at 13:59:59 (interrupting the song which was playing)
     I guess this is a must for a radio station.

tnx

Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • - In the documentation I saw an example for scheduling ads/jingles/etc every 15 minutes. 
      But it's also mentioned that the liquidsoap script file can be overwritten during upgrades. 
      Does that mean that for each upgrade, you need to do the same things again, and pray that it will work? 

You are correct, every upgrade will overwrite your custom changes. However with every release of Airtime we had more features so that there is less and less of a need to make custom modifications.

- I saw, multiple times, that the smart playlist was planned for the 2.1.3 release . but it's not there in the 2.1.3 release, it seems.  Do you know when it will come? 

This will be in Airtime 2.2 which we're hoping to release within a few weeks.

- is it possible to schedule somehow commercials at a certain time? 
    for example, I want a time signal to start exactly at 13:59:59 (interrupting the song which was playing) 

This is not available yet, but ad management is going to be our next high priority.

Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro