Loading forever [screenshots]
  • Hi

I have installed Newscoop 4.0.2, vanilla, on a shared host.

Everything seems to work, but everytime that green jQuery box pops up, saying
    something like "Processing" is just simply stops and doesn't do any more work.

See screenshots here

This happens in all situations involved with the green jQuery information box that pops up.
    Like when I log into the admin interface and Newscoop is trying to load the Dashboard.
    It just ends with a message saying Processing, and "Connection interrupted"

This is a big problem because when I try to view the articles submitted to make changes,
    and or modify articles, the page is not populated with articles, because the "processing"
    never ends and never gets anywhere...

I don't have access to Apache error logs :\

Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

Thanks
    Post edited by Jobe Lawn at 2012-08-20 09:56:46
  • 18 Comments sorted by
  • hi,

can u try to get some error message for those json calls? in chrome you would click on inspect element,
    open network tab and reload the page. then you can filter xhr requests and check for errors on those
    with status != 200

petr
  • Thanks for replying!

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/Z801k [sure a lot of status codes ! = 200 ]

They all have error code 304
    Post edited by Jobe Lawn at 2012-08-20 10:04:40
  • 304 is not an error, look for 400 and bigger. and if you find it you can click on that line to see details about it
  • There are no codes beyond 304.

Such a shame, because everything else is working perfectly and I have been hacking away today building this site :) This is such a showstopper
  • there should be 1 request to json.php, can u click on it and paste here the response?
    that might give some hint
  • Sure, these all have 200 OK

Screenshot: 
    http://imgur.com/xrxpB 

One clue could be that I had to create the following folders and empty file in order to 
    get Newscoop 4.0.2 not to fatally crash:
    /library/doctrine/orm/query/kqw9j.php
  • Aww

Well :-( Then I have to wait till I can afford a year's worth of hosting with Linode VPS for this news-project
  • there should be 1 request to json.php, can u click on it and paste here the response?

that might give some hint

I got 500's! On the admin backend page at /admin, I get two 500 errors on json.php

The problem seems to be related to a 500 internal server error... I wish I had an idea on how to proceed
    Post edited by Jobe Lawn at 2012-08-26 11:47:31
  • I have tried some rudimentary patching, if one could call it that. I downloaded a couple of repos of Github and tried to copy over various files which I believed to have trouble.

No cigar, I wasn't successful. Well at least I tried =)

Couldn't get the Gitub next branch to run anyhow. I guess it's maybe not in a workable state when in it's in the Next branch.
  • Hi Jobe,

Currently "next" is our only one development branch, so that's the right branch to checkout.

What troubles are you having exactly?

Be aware, these days we are making some major changes and, as you said, it may not be in a workable state, at least you perform some manual actions on it. Once we finish proper documentation will be available so that you will know how to proceed.

All Best,

• I'm just eager to get it up and running, that's all :D

My troubles?
    I am on a shared host, Greengeeks running Cloud Linux.
    After a successful fresh Newscoop 4.0.2 install, I can log in, but
    the jQuery boxes that indicate what Newscoop is doing never go away. It remains stuck, or just simply says "Connection Timed Out"...  I have taken screenshots above.

With the help of Petr above, I have found it to be json.php which gets an internal server error code 500 when it is loaded. So I'm stuck with that problem for now. :)

Post edited by Jobe Lawn at 2012-08-29 18:45:16
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov

Jobe Lawn said:

I have found it to be json.php which gets an internal server error code 500 when it is loaded.

check apache error log file
  • I have the same problem, what can I do?
  • can u inspect those 500's to json.php in chrome and click on that line? there should be more info in response tab - request details
  • Hallo, the same problem, like Jobe with newscoop 4.0.2. Is there any solution for this?
    Post edited by Norbert Schering at 2012-10-19 14:02:56
  • Hi Norbert,

Not yet. Any chance you could give us access to your instance so that we can check it out and try to provide a fix ? Thanks.

All Best,
  • Hi,
    Any news about this issue? i suffer the same problem and I can't use it (saved articles are "lost" ,non dashbord)... any help please?.
  • hi,

try to add into .htaccess this line:

SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV "development"

and try to inspect that /admin page on load via chrome inspect (or equivalent)

there must be this json.php with status 500 and when you click on it you should get some details there