Booktype - book invisible to public, but visible to users?
  • Hello,

I have started a 'group' account that is the name of my organisation. My collaborator and I have also each started our own personal accounts. We would like to collaborate as admins and editors on books created through our group account. The only issue, we would like this book to not be available to the public while we're working on it. Trouble is, it the book is also not available to our individual accounts as well. Does anyone know of any way around this?

Many thanks for any thoughts
    AND Publishing
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down adamadam
    set permissions for the book in settings

adam

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM, ANDPublishing1 <<br />booktype-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> Hello,
    >
    > I have started a 'group' account that is the name of my organisation. My
    > collaborator and I have also each started our own personal accounts. We
    > would like to collaborate as admins and editors on books created through
    > our group account. The only issue, we would like this book to not be
    > available to the public while we're working on it. Trouble is, it the book
    > is also not available to our individual accounts as well. Does anyone know
    > of any way around this?
    >
    > Many thanks for any thoughts
    > AND Publishing
    >
    >
  • Hi Adam,
    Just to confirm, I have gone into the different book and permissions settings and have done the following:
    1. Made permissions for admins and editors only2. Hid the book from Others3. Now I and collaborator cannot see the book to work on it (once I Show to Others, we can find it and work on it). 4. It has been suggested that I just use the url of the invisible book in order to find it to work on it. Would you agree?
    Or is there another way to keep it hidden from everyone else's view but admins and editors?
    Thanks so much!L