Broadcasting Airtime to another CP on Same Server
  • Hey guys...

I have tried almost all day and night to figure this thing out to no avail and decided i could use the experts help...

I have Airtime installed on my Debian dedicated remote Server.. since Airtime dont provide pls qtl or asx files to listen from and lacks statistics, i wanted to join forces with another control panel called Centova Cast. i bet you guys know that CP.

They both installed on the same server, what i'm trying to achieve is that Airtime will broadcast its output to Centova cast mount point, called Live. that way i can still have the stream details,name,and track titles in the pls,asx,qtl files etc'..and in my websites widgets, taken from centova. i need to do this integration because simply put, Airtime offers more in terms of playlists and managing music. Centova is currently better in terms of websites/listener friendly.

so i guess i want to use Airtime as the "dj software".
    how can i do that? how can i stream to the centova /live mount point? whenever i try that i just get "live" on the Head of the stream info..and not what i set in centova...do i connect to the same port? (8000) do i need to install icecast with airtime? (because icecast is installed with centova)..

These are a lot of Q's i know..i just need one of the dev guys here that maybe have a thought on this one...

Thank you guys.
    Post edited by Guytrance at 2012-08-14 22:00:59
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Centova comes with Shoutcast - not Icecast by default.

I'm not sure what the problem is but you should look at the shoutcast settings inside of Centovacast and copy these to Airtime. Also note that Airtime asks for a user whereas Centovacast does not. In this case you simply need to use "source" as the username.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Hey martin.

Thanx for the reply, well basically Centova comes with whichever you choose...and i need icecast,(its just more stable in my opinion) the /stream mount point which is the autodj uses ices-cc..

So if i choose icecast with Centova all i need is to copy the info from icecast.xml in Centova to the stream settings, and set the user "source"?

I basically tried that..only airtime wont stream unless i give it "hackme" password...and thats not exactly the idea.. i need to connect to the Centova source which utilise a different password.

Also, it seems that if i try to connect to port 8000 with Airtime, Centove refuse to launch the server..if i change both, Centova and airtime to play on port 8001 they react...how come?
    Post edited by Guytrance at 2012-08-15 20:02:25
  • I'm not familiar with how Centova works so I can't tell you why it's behaving that way. But I think you have the right idea of copying to information from icecast.xml into Airtime.

Just make sure that when Airtime tries to connect, Centova isn't already connected.

When you go to xyz.com:8000, see if you can see any mount points. If you can this means that Centova is connected, and you need to find a way to disconnect it first.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro