Please help. CentOS
  • Hey guys..

I'm dying to check out this software after searching allover for a normal broadcasting software. but  cant quite get there :(

Ill explain.

I installed the software on CentOS6 using this script -> https://github.com/mkonecny/airtime_centos/blob/master/centos.sh

my problem is i cannot access the admin page after i installed Airtime..i tried variations of url's but i cant seem to pinpoint the exact url to use.

These are my configurations inside airtime.conf:

[database]
    host = localhost
    dbname = airtime
    dbuser = airtime
    dbpass = airtime

[rabbitmq]
    host = 127.0.0.1
    port = 5672
    user = guest
    password = guest
    vhost = /

[general]
    api_key = gQhgepeY4VKRbnd5FkKMkaEaW6IRa6FR
    web_server_user = www-data
    airtime_dir = /var/www/airtime
    base_url = localhost
    base_port = 80

;How many hours ahead of time should Airtime playout engine (PYPO)
    ;cache scheduled media files.
    cache_ahead_hours = 1

[monit]
    monit_user = guest
    monit_password = airtime

[soundcloud]
    connection_retries = 3
    time_between_retries = 60

My server address is ks34900.kimsufi.com
    the files exist in /var/www/airtime

**this is a Dedicated remote server, so i canot simple enter http:/localhost...**

and btw..what is this PostgreSQL? how can i access it to create username/db? its not mysql right?

any thoughts on all the issue?

Thank you so much for any kind of help.
    Post edited by Guytrance at 2012-08-12 21:19:05
  • 10 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    speak you French ?
    if yes continue this thread on this dedicated forum ;)

anyway, your problem seems to be an apache problem configuration
    can you give us your vhost ?
    1 Yes, but for the moment you must modify the ls_script.liq (examples on this forum)
    2 not for the moment, perhaps on the next release. But you can have playlist of played songs
    3 http://your.ip/Preference/stream-setting
    4 yes and no. You can use widgets (they give you dome information about played song and shows) but if you need others informations you'll must do this with third party softwares...
    you have examples of players available and compatible into the wiki
  • 1. Is there any way that playlist can interrupt another? i want to create a general playlist that always play in the background..and then a scheduled show to interrupt it at a chosen time, and not just wait until the playlist finnish playing the current song and then kick in.. is this possible?

This is what we call a fallback playlist. On our wiki page we have posted a workaround until we release a much more user friendly integrated solution.

Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Glad you found a workaround :)
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
    anyway you must made some change if you want your ls_script.liq working fine on 2.1.3 :

#default = amplify(id="silence_src", 0.00001, noise())
    #default = rewrite_metadata([("artist","Airtime"), ("title", "offline")],default)
    drops = playlist(mode='randomize',reload=1,reload_mode="rounds", "/srv/airtime/Drops/")
    music = playlist(mode='randomize',reload=1,reload_mode="rounds", "/srv/airtime/Musiques/")
    jingles = playlist(mode='randomize',reload=1,reload_mode="rounds", "/srv/airtime/Jingles/")
    default = rotate(weights=[1,3,1,3], [jingles, music,drops,music])
    ignore(output.dummy(default, fallible=true))

master_dj_enabled = ref false
    live_dj_enabled = ref false
    scheduled_play_enabled = ref false

for example...
  • Hey Albert.

I dont speak french ;)

Anyway i decided it was too much to handle so i switched to Debian 6.0 and the install went almost smooth, had a few problems with the UTF-8 stuff in the Postgre..but i figured it out.

Now.. i have a couple of questions that i hope you can answer, these are crucial for me in order to use Airtime.

1. Is there any way that playlist can interrupt another? i want to create a general playlist that always play in the background..and then a scheduled show to interrupt it at a chosen time, and not just wait until the playlist finnish playing the current song and then kick in.. is this possible?

2.tune in links, the acceptable method of tuning in pretty much allover is to have pls,asx,qtl files etc' etc'..am i missing something or this is not possible in Airtime?

3.station description in meta tags. when i play the given airtime stream link it says airtime 128 at the top..where can i change that to the station name?

4.last but not least, listeners and song info for websites...is there a script that can pull that info for me from Icecast? i need the actual song that is playing and not the program name.

As you can gather, i use Airtime for web based station...and these are crucial to have..i just need to know if the above options exist..

Thank you so much for any kind of help!

Post edited by Guytrance at 2012-08-15 12:58:06
  • I think i just found the most elegant solution ever lol.

I am telling Airtime to broadcast to my other server that has Centova Cast. through the /live mount point...Centova picks up the stream and details and i can have everything i needed :))

Now i just need to figure that liquidsoap script for interruption and were good :)

Post edited by Guytrance at 2012-08-14 08:40:57
  • Hey buddy..thank you for your help on the matter..

I tried what that article suggested but its the same...the playlist keeps going although the other one kicked in.

I guess you misunderstood my meaning... i didn't want to create a general playlist (fallback) what i need is for scheduled playlists to interrupt anything that is playing...general,fallback,and even scheduled...i need that a scheduled playlist will be played exactly at the given time no matter what song/playlist is playing..:)

To check this i used 2 scheduled playlists..one @ 7:00 to play a track..and the other at 7:05...the 7:00 playlist keeps playing to the end of the track and then lets 7:05 kick in..which is late..

Any idea?
    Post edited by Guytrance at 2012-08-14 12:59:53
  • Edit:

Ok i see what you were trying to explain...that is definitely answer my question...it will however be an amazing feature to have..built in with no hacking..

THANK YOU martin..you guys are doing an excellent job!
  • Thanks for the tip Albert..i will follow that..

To anyone who stumbles upon this thread looking for tune-in links: