Vorbis Comments and additional metadata
  • I have suggested our need to import 'label' from vorbis comments metadata in flac and ogg files. I have also suggested the possible use of scheduler codes.

I would now like to suggest supporting multiple 'genres.' Vorbis comments supports this, so we would just need the database to support multiple genres and then read this in from the metadata in the files, if it exists.

I think that it would help to set a standard maximum number of genres that would be read and stored in the database. What would be a good number... 3?

Time based scheduler codes are so specific that I don't think it would be worth it to support reading them in from a files metadata, but just set them in the database manually.

I am thinking of this as I am preparing to export our music library from rivendell, to flac files, to prepare for an eventual migration to airtime and to make the library accessible in Mixxx.

Thoughts...
    Todd Fisher Wallin, Operations Coordinator - WDRT-FM Viroqua, WI
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • I think that it would help to set a standard maximum number of genres that would be read and stored in the database. What would be a good number... 3?

It would probably be best to make this unlimited. Otherwise we're back at square 1 sooner or later :).

Time based scheduler codes are so specific that I don't think it would be worth it to support reading them in from a files metadata, but just set them in the database manually.

This sounds like the tagging support we intend to add.

I am thinking of this as I am preparing to export our music library from rivendell, to flac files, to prepare for an eventual migration to airtime and to make the library accessible in Mixxx.

We will start working on FLAC support soon :)
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro