Book does not exist!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down ph allph all
    Hy
    When I want to create a new book, I have this message after Create Button.
    I have booktype 153 on a 11.10 ubuntu.
    All the installation was good to this message.
    I have no idea to what to do.
    1.5 version in lxc virtual machine worked fine.
    Thanks for help.
    PS. I tried objavi, and I'm about to stop my tries.
  • 13 Comments sorted by
  • What was the exact book title you used for the book? For some unknown reason it was not able to create new book. Could be problem with title name, maybe cover image, licenses were not initially loaded and etc. Did you try some other names? Depending of the platform you use you can check the error log. What database and web server are you using to host it?
    Thanks to answer me.
    I tried a lot, the last was Rerere (after rerere and some with blank).
    In the install file, no mention of "django-admin.py loaddata documentation_licenses" like in the 1.5 version. I tried this command. Nothing has come (0 licence).
    I use sqlite and firefox (and the browser in my transformer).
    I have this problem in 2 virtual machines : one in lxc and the other in virtualbox, each with ubuntu 1.10
    Voilà !
    I forgot : I do like Booktype very much.
    Thanks again for your work.
  • Did you go through all the steps in the installation manul of Booktype?
    Something like that happened to me when I wanted to insert copyright things in the database and the data was not inserted.

"django-admin.py migrate" migrates nothing. For exemple, no control center.
    The only thing I do differently is I don't use www-data user (I don't know how to do that) but my own user, without sudo.

Is it possible GitHub does errors ?
    I tried to fix my problem.
    I created two VirtualBox Ubuntu 11.10 to host Booktype. I did the same steps in each. And I had one who works and another one who doesn't work. Then I tarziped and md5sumed Booktype folders, and they are different.
    I wonder if github does mistakes.

10 min after : I tried to understand with Meld who compares files or folders and nothing is different. I'm lost.....
    Post edited by ph all at 2012-07-15 17:47:27
  • I have been working on a script for people who have manually downloaded some packages or have outdated packages on their system.... In short, can you try to download this script and try to run it. It is first version and has been tested a bit on couple of different Linux-es. It should download minimum packages it needs, create virtualenv environment, install python modules inside, download Booktype and etc. It is still very basic but i have tested it on couple of different systems (clean installs).

Download this and start it:

I created a new virtualMachine with lxc.
    I used your script.
    The install worked fine, until I tried to create a book and again it was impossible.
    I stop for this night, I'm tired.
    I have one good Booktype in a VirtualBox machine. I'm happy, for this time.
  • Ah yes... i forgot to load licenses during the initialization :) I have fixed that now. Download this script again, remove mybooktype directory it created and start it again. I tested it on Ubuntu 12.04 and i am able to create books now. Until it has been tested properly it will remain part of Booktype Scrolls project - http://www.binarni.net/2012/07/booktype-easy-install/ 

Also in the devel branch i have version that does automatic load of licenses during the migration process. Soon the process of installing will be a bit easier but until we have native packages it will require a bit of typing.
    It works good. Thanks a lot !
    With a working objavi, this project could be one of my best of.
    Now I can work.

Thanks a lot
    I tried in a VirtualBox with Ubuntu Server 11.10, it works fine.
    I tried in a Lxc Virtual Machine in Ubuntu Server 11.10 and in Ubuntu 12.04, it works fine too.

Thanks a lot for your script.

Have you got one for Objavi ? It has been impossible for two months I trie to make Objavi to work.

Merci beaucoup
  • An easy setup script for Objavi is in the works, but as Objavi is currently
    going trough some heavy lifting it could take a while.

Maybe I can help you with setting up Objavi? Are you using the version
    from github?

- Borko

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 5:32 PM, ph all <<br />booktype-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> I tried in a VirtualBox with Ubuntu Server 11.10, it works fine.
    > I tried in a Lxc Virtual Machine in Ubuntu Server 11.10 and in Ubuntu
    > 12.04, it works fine too.
    >
    > Thanks a lot for your script.
    >
    > Have you got one for Objavi ? It has been impossible for two months I trie
    > to make Objavi to work.
    >
    > Merci beaucoup
    >
    >
    I think am sure : I tried two different sources because one is in objavi2 folder, and the other one is in Objavi folder. No success in the two cases.

I use Virtual Machine with lxc so I can change everything if it works.

I can wait a few weeks if it sounds better.
  • I have published what I did during installation of Objavi at http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/18258#Comment_18258

It might come handy.