Auto Source Transition
  • Hi!

Today I tested how the auto transition source.

From the hint that appears near that check button in the interface I understand that if the button is checked(on) there will be a auto-transition between sources when one disconnects, in the hierarchy mentioned. This really happens. I also checked with this feature off and even if the source disconnects there is no transition and the ON AIR button remains red. So, it seems ok.

But the manual says: 
    The Auto Source Transition checkbox enables playout to be switched automatically to the highest priority source whenever an authenticated input source connects to or disconnects from Airtime.
    So, I would expect the auto-transition to happen when the master or source stream connects without the need to manual click that switch. This also seems natural. A Dj's doesn't have enough privilegies to activate that switch anyway and the manager can't wait for every dj to connect and activate the switch and if disconnects to reactivate it.

Am I experiencing a bug?

I have airtime 2.1.2. Nothing suspicious in the logs.

Alexandru
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Hi Alexandru,

What you are experiencing is expected behaviour in 2.1.2. Auto Source Transition option only automatically switches of on disconnection. In 2.1.3, we renamed this option to "Auto switch off" and we also added "Auto switch on" option as well, which is the feature you are looking for.

Thank you.