Problem with installation on Nginx
  • Hello,

I have an nginx (1.2) with PHP 5.4.4 running on FreeBSD server 8.2 and with XCache.

The first few steps of install is fine. However, when I get to installing sample site, no matter what I select, the next page is blank. After clicking next, sometimes it restarts the install all the way from beginning. Sometimes, it just shows a blank page with no way to move forward. I also tried it with the nginx rewrite I have found in implementation tricks. I followed the one for 4.x. I have also tried the 4.0.1 install. Same result. Nginx log and PHP log has absolutely no error messages. However, in the mail log, errors of the user www having no access to write to mail queue. Probably just trying to send error message. Email server is Postfix.

It generated bug report on the main page now. I've sent it to bug report email address. 

Error ID:2048:Newscoop:4.0.2:Section.php:24
    Error String:Declaration of Section::create() should be compatible with DatabaseObject::create($p_values = NULL)

MySQL version is 5.5. 

Obviously, something wrong with what I'm doing. I just don't know what. This nginx is hosting multiple Drupal, Joomla, WordPress on it. 

I have full root access to change anything on the server if necessary. 

I realize nginx is not officially supported. However, with people proving that it works, I just couldn't.

Any tip or suggestion? I am about to give up. I prefer not to install Apache.

Thank you.

PS: 
    I am willing to give full access to any developer via ssh shell with certificate authentication/db needed to troubleshoot.

UPDATE:
    I fixed the email problem. I was able to receive the undeliverable mails. The message is from cron.

Cron <www@mail> /usr/vsites/mysite.com/bin/newscoop-autopublish
    env: php: No such file or directory

Post edited by Zaw M. Oo at 2012-07-12 13:38:07
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Hey Zaw,

have you figure it out? I`ve got the same error just after installation on / path and the same with /admin. Though I`m running apache so my guess is that there`s something wrong with db or privileges? Logs are empty so I can`t get any feedback.