Airtime 2.1.2 Ubuntu 10.04 Master "Auto Source" not switching from Sched to Master
  • Just installed 2.1.2 on ubuntu 10.04, and configured master source,  i have the "Auto Source Transition" checked.

I'm connecting fine to liquid soap (using butt), and the Master Source "|--" goes orange when i connect and talk live, but i have to manually click master ON to hear audio in airtime..   The live stream is playing fine once i manually select

When i disconnect from master it falls back fine to scheduled,  but wont go from scheduled to master automatically.

In looking at logs pypo-liquidsoap,  i can see it detects the master with the last command 'switch to master_harbor with transition", the master source line is orange detecting master but it does not switch automatically.

I have not made any hand changes to system, just configured master from airtime interface on fresh install

I have attached a png that screen shots airtime and log file.

Any ideas, thanks for help in advance.

Stephen
    1208 x 555 - 160K
    Post edited by Stephen at 2012-06-26 11:23:54
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Here is more info notify log sees the master source turn on

2012-06-26 15:33:24,005 DEBUG - [pypo-notify.py : notify_source_status() : line 109] - msg = master_dj : true
    2012-06-26 15:33:24,123 DEBUG - [pypo-notify.py : notify_source_status() : line 111] - Response: null
    2012-06-26 15:34:58,720 DEBUG - [pypo-notify.py : notify_source_status() : line 106] - #################################################

Then sees master source turn off
    2012-06-26 15:34:58,720 DEBUG - [pypo-notify.py : notify_source_status() : line 107] - # Calling server to update source status        #
    2012-06-26 15:34:58,720 DEBUG - [pypo-notify.py : notify_source_status() : line 108] - #################################################
    2012-06-26 15:34:58,720 DEBUG - [pypo-notify.py : notify_source_status() : line 109] - msg = master_dj : false
    2012-06-26 15:34:58,939 DEBUG - [pypo-notify.py : notify_source_status() : line 111] - Response: null

Is the response NULL after each transition expected?

thanks

Post edited by Stephen at 2012-06-26 11:40:16
  • Hi Stephen,

You can think "Auto transition" as "Auto switch off". It detects disconnection of live source and switch off automatically. You will see the option name as "Auto switch off" from version 2.1.3 and it will also have "Auto switch on" option as well which is what you are looking for I think.

Thank you.
  • The help says check this box to allow, auto transisitons...   i have tried with the box checked, and unchecked the master source is seen,  just not transisitioned.

To auto transistion should it be checked or unchecked in 2.1.2

the NULL in the notify log... is that significantt?

thanks
  • "Auto transition" is confusing at the moment. 

What it means is that if your master source is turned on, and is disconnected, you are automatically transitioned to Show Source or Scheduled playlist.

It doesn't mean it automatically turns on the switch when a connection is made. This feature/minor improvement has already been implemented and is sitting ready for the 2.1.3 release which we hope to release in the next 2 weeks. 
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • thanks, i confirmed in 2.1.2 checking the transition box, will failover from master to schedule fine, but not the other way.

if you need 2.1.3 beta tester let me know, will install whenever needed.

2.1.2 installs great in 10.04 Ubuntu 64bit,  if i add multiverse and upgrade python-virtualenv_1.4.9-3_all.deb before installing.

I'm  tieing freeswitch directly with DIDS and skype for live airtime talk shows,  will be great once i can eliminate the icecast fallbacks.

Keep up the good work, this is great product.  your 1.9.4 product/with freeswitch has been running since 12/1/2012 in production 24/7 with no issues.

Regards,
    Stephen

• Hi Stephen,

If you'd like to test out 2.1.3 versio, then do the following

git clone git://github.com/sourcefabric/Airtime.git

Once the clone is complete:

git checkout 2.1.x
    git submodule init
    git submodule update

Now got to the install directory and run the install :)

Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro