Really stupid questions from a new user
  • Hello, everyone,

So, I have just started playing with the Booktype demo and I am quite impressive. But, because I'm unfamiliar with the software...not to mention a bit dim -witted ;-)...I have a couple of quick questions that I hope people can help me with.

First, as I understand it, you can either download and install Booktype on your own system or you can use it (via the Demo hotlink) on the Sourcefabric webpage. Is that correct? Or is the demo simply a demonstration and not to be used as an actual application?

Second, once you create a book, can you delete it? I see the way to create books but not the way to remove them if they go astray.

Third, within a book, once you create a chapter, can you delete it? Or do you just put it in the "hold" chapter section?

Fourth, I have already formatted several my own texts as ePubs. I know that I import ePub docs into Booktype, but only if they have a URL. Is there anyway I can bring them into Booktype directly? That is, by uploading them from my computer?

Thanks hugely in advance.

mjt
    (Belfort and Bastion)
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down adamadam
    you can install Booktype but its tricky. You can use the demo server but content will be deleted in time. You coudl also use www.booki.cc which is a free and open installation for creation of free content.

at the moment you cannot delete a chapter or book once they have been created. You can put chapters in the hold section however.

there is no way yet to upload an epub but we will fix that...if you wish to vote that up then file a ticket here:

adam

• Thank you so very, very much!