How to manage jingles?
  • hi friend,
    on my (Airtime) radio I would like to broadcast not only sound files with music but also some radio jingles.
    Now we have jingle MP3 files located the same way as a other MP3 files. And if we create new playlist, jingles are in the same list of items (in "Playlist builder" menu) and it is not good managing.
    We recommend (in new version of Airtime) the possibility to add different folder for jingle files (in configuration of Airtime) and on page "Playlist builder" to add other list with item located in that "jingle" folder. And can drag&drop jingle's item to created playlist of course.
    It's not a good idea, isn't it?
    Post edited by FredFlinstone at 2012-06-15 12:31:30
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    modify your ls_script.liq
    you have examples on this forum
  • I do agree, Creating categories of sound tracks (songs, ads, station ids, liners, ...) would also be a huge step towards automated playlist and playlist templates.
  • We will release a 2.2 roadmap soon :)
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • great Martin,
    and it could be fine to add some more comfortable managing with (MP3) files in section "Playlist builder" - if I have couple of hundreds files, it is difficult to find among them and create new playlist.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Fred,

The simplest way to find jingles is to use the 'Genre=jingle' tag for the files. Then a search for 'jingle' will return all jingles. If you have already uploaded the jingles, you can click on them in the Playlist Builder and choose 'Edit Metadata' to do the tagging. You can do the same for ads or idents.

Cheers!

Daniel