2.1.0 showing ON AIR and stream connected when there is no stream connected..
  • I just did a clean install of airtime 2.1.0 on a Ubuntu 12.04 desktop VM and then configured the Master Stream. If I try and turn the stream on without connecting a source first, there's an error saying there is no stream connected. I then connect a stream and connect it in airtime and the ON AIR light comes on. If I then close my streaming client, it disconnects the stream and ON AIR goes off, however the stream is still 'available' to reconnect. I can reconnect the stream even though nothing is there!

This happens with Nicecast, BUTT and darkice. In the attached screenshot I have just reconnected a non-existent stream...

James
    Post edited by James Dunn at 2012-06-10 06:00:20
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Tell me please how you connect Master Source and what soft you use.
  • I've been using Nicecast, BUTT and darkice to connect to a master stream mountpoint called live at port 8001. It connects fine, but when I disconnect the source still appears to be available in the web browser.
  • If I then close my streaming client, it disconnects the stream and ON AIR goes off, however the stream is still 'available' to reconnect. I can reconnect the stream even though nothing is there! 

I just tried this, and as soon as the client disconnects, then the switch turns off in 2.1.0. I cannot switch it back on.

However we are changing the behaviour of this for 2.1.1. By default if the client disconnects, the switch will not automatically turn off. This is in the case where the client has a shaky connection. The old behaviour that was present in 2.1.0 will still be available as an option in the stream settings page.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro