2.1.0 => [CC-1986] - Configurable columns for media search
  • in the future release (2.1.0) there is one feature which look interesting : "Configurable columns for media search"

it mean we will able to search inside particular music folder ?
    if i use one folder to store "Downtempo" music, one for "Techno" and another one for "Dub"
    It will be possible to display track from the "Dub" folder only in the left side of the "playlist builder" ??

Please let me know 

Thank you
    Post edited by Fred Percevault at 2012-05-29 11:05:55
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down NaomiNaomi
    Hey, this column doesn't allow you to see the folder a track is in on your system. It just allows you to show/hide the metadata columns of the tracks such as title, artist, bit rate, sample rate, uploaded time etc.
  • thank for your fast reply
    unfortunately i'm disappointed 

I have an archive which is about 6000 tracks
    when building playlist the actual system is absolutely not convenient 

Most of netlabel don't properly tag mp3 tracks, and the "genre" field in Id3v2 tag is totally obsolete
    "electronic"  mean nothing today
    it's completely outdated to use this kind of generic genre
    (the reallity is : techno, tech-house, tech-minimal, minimal,deep house,....)
    it's the same for the "ambient" genre

that's why your search system by tag is really not convenient. I have to search into dozen of page
    since i don't remember all the tracks names :-)

anyway thank you again
  • I agree with you Fred, that the ID3v2 tag genre information is outdated. Every time I import media, I use MP3tag to put my own genre information in because I do use that field to create playlists or to simply see what kinds of media I have for a particular genre. I have to use a variety of applications because no single application does everything I need.
  • thank for your fast reply

unfortunately i'm disappointed 

I have an archive which is about 6000 tracks
    when building playlist the actual system is absolutely not convenient 

Most of netlabel don't properly tag mp3 tracks, and the "genre" field in Id3v2 tag is totally obsolete
    "electronic"  mean nothing today
    it's completely outdated to use this kind of generic genre
    (the reallity is : techno, tech-house, tech-minimal, minimal,deep house,....)
    it's the same for the "ambient" genre

that's why your search system by tag is really not convenient. I have to search into dozen of page
    since i don't remember all the tracks names :-)

anyway thank you again

An interesting way to achieve would be to allow users to tag their audio after adding it to the Library. We could also create rules for tagging based on what directory the file existed in etc. Perhaps you could help us flesh out this idea?
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro