2.1 Beta Documentation on master/show sources, and LIVE Stream Show auth types.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down StephenStephen

Are there beta docs for 2.1 yet?

Currently in 1.94,  i use icecast fallbacks, so live talk shows coming from freeswitch play if they exist, falling back to airtime playout when live stops automatically,  this works pretty well, but we still occasionaly have issues with different flash clients, and itunes etc... occasionaly not handling the fall back correctly

In 2.1 im looking to eliminate the icecast fallbacks all together and want to send live freeswitch stream direct to liqiidsoap.   I am able to connect to master source and switch manually in airtime between the master and scheduled play with butt source client,  but not sure if its possible to have airtime always revert to scheduled automatically when master disappears.

Also not clear on the LIVE STREAM option in show.

If i schedule in calendar a LIVE SHOW,  then start up master during this time does master or source  auto play? for show.

Any guidance much appreciated.   Im debugging the freeswitch/liquidsoap integration right now, it currently is crashing freeswitch, and giving me some auth issues.

Thanks

Stephen

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Stephen <<br />airtime-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> Are there beta docs for 2.1 yet?
    >
    Not yet...

> In 2.1 im looking to eliminate the icecast fallbacks all together and want
    > to send live freeswitch stream direct to liqiidsoap. I am able to connect
    > to master source and switch manually in airtime between the master and
    > scheduled play with butt source client, but not sure if its possible to
    > have airtime always revert to scheduled automatically when master
    > disappears.

If master source or show source disappears, it automatically reverts to
    scheduled playout.

> Also not clear on the LIVE STREAM option in show.
    >
    This allows the owner of the show to connect a live stream. Those options
    control the security username/password to connect to the playout engine
    while that show is in progress.

If i schedule in calendar a LIVE SHOW, then start up master during this
    > time does master or source auto play? for show.
    >
    Master Source has higher priority than the Show Source, so Master will take
    priority.

Hope this helps,
    Paul
  • Vote Up0Vote Down StephenStephen

Paul, thanks, will retest with Beta 6,   when i first tested with no manual changes to liquidsoap file.

I could add a master source, see the source |- t bar go orange,   but it did not automatically go to live source, i had to manually move it over to master, 

Same on the disconnect of master,  it did not revert to scheuled play,    i will rebuld to latest dev branch and try again.to confirm this.

Will try again this weekend.

• Any news of this? When Master disconnects, scheduled playback should automatically play, but the switch for it needs to be left in the "on" position for this to happen.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro