Bug Reports: Airtime 2.1.0 Beta 5
  • Tested using the same browsers I used for beta 4.

1) Running on a monitor set to 1024 x 768, the Playlist Builder column titles overwrite each other because they extend past the column right border. The title text, when this happens, appears above the sorting graphic. See the attached screenshot for more information (003.jpg).
    2. Dragging and dropping single selections into a show creates
    multiple entries after the first item and none of the items are added to
    the show (Show Contents is empty).
    3. New content cannot be added to a show that has already started.

4. Shows that span across a day (e.g. from 23:45 to 00:45 the next
    day) have two different titles. The show on the 2nd day becomes
    "Untitled Show" and clicking it behaves differently than the show on the
    first day. For example, after the show started at 11:45 I was unable to
    add more content to it, but clicking on the "Untitled Show" - which is
    part of the same show - allows me to try to add content.

5. Clicking on the '+' to add a playlist to a show does not work - see attached image 004.jpg. The tooltip text (over the '+') is confusing because it talks about a "cursor points". Does this refer to the red arrow on the right? I noticed that clicking the arrow turns it from red to black but did not see anything else that changed.
    6. Dragging the red arrow after adding a playlist to a show causes a new item to be added 'Moving 1 item', but nothing shows up in the calendar under "Show Content" - see attached image 005.jpg.

1277 x 435 - 97K
    1224 x 597 - 126K
    1210 x 373 - 97K
    Post edited by Wade Eilrich at 2012-04-26 12:43:34
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Thanks for the tip. This is actually something we noticed and weren't sure what to do about. Any suggestions? At the moment we're assuming the user will simply reduce their number of columns.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • I think you could fit the initial column size to the title text. You already allow horizontal scrolling and that will handle wider columns gracefully. I think it would be a good idea to allow the user to drag the right border of a column to resize it (optionally, double-clicking the border would make a best fit). In this case, because the user could deliberately make the columns too small for the title text, I would truncate the text. Perhaps add a capability so that when the user hovers the mouse over truncated text they get a tooltip that shows the expanded information. This could work for the text in the column body as well. It looks so strange to see three or four letters of a title (for instance) on eight or nine lines. The title, creator, and length are the fields I use the most.