Newscoop 4 is out today!
  • Newscoop 4, our free, open source content management system for news, is out today! 

It's been a monumental global effort from everyone - amazing forum beta testers like you, many independent news organisations (like Switzerland’s TagesWoche), journalists everywhere and of course our amazing development team led by Holman.

Head over to the release page to find all the links for demo, download, changelog, screenshots, screencasts and more information.

Of course the hard work doesn't end here! With your help we'll be testing and improving the release, so please let us know any issues here. And of course, the bigger the community, the better the software, so please spread the word. Here's some easily plussed, liked, RT'd links!

Ubuntu and Debian packages will be available very soon, here's a quick run down of Newscoop 4's features...

• New adaptive CSS themes and theme management
    • Overhauled media archive with multiple file upload, faster search and slideshows
    • Drag-and-drop front page management and article ordering
    • Community management allows visitors to sign up for a profile, comment and follow topics
    • Improved SoundCloud plugin to manage and upload audio
    • Related Article Lists for creating thematic groups of articles
    • Improved comments interface, actions and workflow
    • Better User Management with grouped and filterable categories

Once more, thanks to everyone for making this release possible. We're really looking forward to seeing your Newscoop 4 powered newsrooms in action!

Best wishes, Adam and the Sourcefabric team
    Post edited by Adam Thomas at 2012-04-25 10:02:54
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Hi,

I am trying to install newscoop on shared hosting and I keep getting an error when I enter this 
    http://kbittv.com/newsnet
    in my browser.

Server error

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://kbittv.com/newsnet/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Here are some suggestions:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfil the request.

Thanks

• Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    see apache error log file and please create new topic instead of replay to announce
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions