Various content never loads
  • Hello

I've got an fresh booktype installation on Debian and it worked quite smoothly a while ago. The server itself has been running without modifications, but at first we ran into an issue that redis reserverd all the memory available (2GB) and basically froze the whole unit. We allocated 4GB memory to the host (it's an virtual one) and now free memory shouldn't be an issue. However, if I try to open book for editing all I get is an blank table of content with "Loading..." notification at upper left corner. When writing this the loading notification has been active for at least 20 minutes and nothing hasn't happened.

The host itself seems to be practically idle, top shows 99% idle CPU and a bit over 2GB free memory. I've tried to search the logs, restarted services etc but nothing suspicious has came up. Additionally, I tried to search trough bug tracker and FAQ's, but couldn't find anything relevant. Is there anything more I should check, or even better, if this is an known issue I'd like to know how it's fixed.
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down adamadam
    Restart Redis, that will fix it

adam
  • Plain restart didn't help, but Aco on #booktype instructed to remove dump.rdb (which was 201MB). After that everything seems to work quite smoothly. I've got no idea why that happened, but now our installation is up and running again.

Thank you for your help.