Unable to login into Newscoop admin console

• I am
    unable to login to the admin console.  After
    timing out, I attempt to login again but unable and need to frequently reset
    password, afterword, access is allowed.   However, this time I installed new template
    (Zen) and now can’t login again.  In addition,
    I enter the password reset email that was added during installation but getting
    a message
    No user is registered with this email.  <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I can no longer access the admin console and shy of
    reinstalling the Newscoop application not sure what to do.  If anyone has seen this issue before, please
    let me know how it was resolved. 

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    use login admin and password admin
    It's default for template sets
    Unfortunately somebody removed notice about it on sourceforge.
  • Hi Ray,

What version of Newscoop you are using?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Micz FlorMicz Flor
    possibly it has to do with this issue?
    http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/2842/cant-login-as-admin-after-installation/p1

"you need to remove predefined javascript alias in the file
    /etc/apache2/conf.d/javascript-common.conf. Then just reload apache."
    Post edited by Micz Flor at 2012-04-23 04:29:42
  • I’m using version 3.5.5. I was able to get logon with the template default credentials. I did create another administrator account, deleted the default admin account and re-created it with other credential and seem to work fine now.

I have however, noticed that if I upload another template (I am evaluating Newscoop) I’m back in the same boat.  It would seem logical that there should be a separation of CMS administrative functions independent from templates.

Thanks