getting content from other publication
  • Hi. 
    I need to get section list from pubication 1 in other publication. Is there any other way to do that than using {{local}} and {{set_publication}} ?
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Micz FlorMicz Flor
    hi tomasz,

i haven't tried it myself, so i am just brainstorming here - and to be amongst the first to post in 2012 :)

inside "list_articles" you can set ignore_publication="true".
    if there was a chance to check for the publication ID in the constraints for "list_articles" this might be another way to do it. but i could not find that in the documentation - possibly holman from the Newscoop team can give us an answer?

again, inside "list_articles" you can set ignore_publication="true".
    then, inside the "list_articles" routine you can check with IF. this should work, but would confuse issues like list index - and therefore also create problems if you want to set a specific list length or use pagination.

following idea 2, you could go enterprise and set a smarty variable with increases by 1 inside the IF routine and could then be used like list index. however, pagination would still not work and at_beginning and at_end inside the list would also not work properly.

http://en.flossmanuals.net/newscoop-3-cookbook-3-5-2/list-articles-and-article-related-content/

• I like idea 2. That should be enough to list sections for menu.

Thanks Micz!