user rights & permissions on media, playlist and show (media management)
  • Hello,

I use Airtime with different people, and I'd like to talk about user rights on media.

Firstly, I'd like to know if there's a link in database between the media and the user that uploaded them? Like playlist created by...

There are features that could be very useful to collaborate, here's a small list of possibilities I imagine. Please help me to find case, I'll add them in the list:

- On media/playlist (playlist builder):
    --- About media
    • Filter media by user on playlist creation
    • Allow a user to see only his own media when create playlist
    • Allow user to "share" or not media with other
    • Permissions for a user to use media of other
    • Allow administrator to manage media of others (like a moderation :-)
    --- About playlist
    • Archive playlists (set as "not anymore usable in playlist")

- On Calendar (add content on show, etc. )
    Now, when you add a DJ in a show, he obtain the right to program the show, but we could improve the features! 
    (As Airtime will soon(!) allow us to use directly media in show, the permissions would also be very useful to us)
    • Allow user to add only his own content in shows
    • Allow admin to "Freeze" a specific show (not anymore editable)
    Hope this post will launch a discussion and will help to improve Airtime ;-{)

Nicolas of http://luff.fm
    Post edited by Nicolas Favrod-Coune at 2011-12-09 09:05:59
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    yes and not
    you can see who have created the playlist,
    but the rights are not existent with airtime.
    everything is available for everyone.

a lot of us want/need this functions, but they are not available for now...
    perhaps in a future version...

I hope :D
  • Yes and not... means that when a user upload a media, it's not stored in the DB who uploaded it?

I know it's not for Airtime 2.0, but we already have right on shows! Why not talk about about media?
    The first aim is that it's difficult for everybody to have all content in playlist builder and when adding content to show. There's too much and it's not easy to keep organized! After that, it could be great to allow a show of another radio to have access to my Airtime, but not to see everything (and mainly not modify!)

• Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    no you are wrong, files are not uploaded into DB, but their informations, yes (metadata), we're talking about that in another thread too : http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/13597/sort-by-date-addeduploaded-in-playlist-builder
  • yep, I saw that post :-)

I understand that file manager is writing info into the DB form the metadata stored into the file (some at least), move the file but doesn't write on it. i asked about the storage of metadata in the DB,

In a way, that's true that filters can do a good part of the job I mentionned!