Newscoop without Issues?
  • Hi,

i'm very interested in using Newscoop for a Online Health-Magazine with circa 30 new articles a month. I looked in the Demo Installation and saw the "Issues" Feature. I don't think that I need it because the publishing of the articles doesn't follow such a structure. Is it possible to manage the magazine without the Issues feature?

Thank you!
    Axel
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Jakub GórnickiJakub Górnicki
    Hey Axel,

issues not necessarily have to serve as typical "issues" - they can be nicely used as archive or extra SEO power:

e.g.:

yourportal.com/health/SECTION1

or

health.com/JULY2011/section1

In other way - you can set up one issue, and manage content with sections or go for more issues which provide additional layer of content categorization together with sections.

Can you tell us more how do you wish to structure your magazine?

Cheers,
    Jakub
  • Thank you Jakub. Good News! :)

The content structure is really simple:

• Health
      • 5-10 Sub-Categories with Articles

• Fitness

• Food

• Events (Calendar)
    • Community (External Software - Propably IPB.Board)
    • Service
      • Static Pages, Forms
      • Companies Directory (Fitness Centers, etc..)
      • Link Lists

The first 3 categories and their Sub-Categories are the editorial section and get every months ~30 new articles. I attached a wireframe which shows the magazine startpage structure. What do you think is the best way to structure that in Newscoop?

Because of the other points (Community Integration, Companies Directory, Calendar) i also get some questions, but I've to get into the concepts first. :-)

Thank you!
    Axel

1100 x 1850 - 35K
    Post edited by Axel at 2011-11-08 10:25:48
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Jakub GórnickiJakub Górnicki
    Hey Axel,

so:

• Health 
    • Fitness 
    • Food 
    • Service
    so those four become Issues, sub-categories are sections. For additional categorization you can use topics. (sth different for Service though)

• Events (Calendar)
    how do you wish the calendar to look like? More like Google Calendar or articles about events?

• Community (External Software - Propably IPB.Board)

• Service 
      • Static Pages, Forms
      • Companies Directory (Fitness Centers, etc..)
      • Link Lists
    static pages = we add new article type called pages, and put it into Issue service, and create section Pages. Same goes for forms.

companies directory = sth like yelp? we could use hacked topics for this, and also add Issue with specific article type

link lists - whats this? :)

More in the attached file from me.

Jakub

1100 x 1850 - 166K
    Post edited by Jakub Górnicki at 2011-11-08 12:44:58