Shared Hosting, Browser Installation for 3.6 RC2/3
  • Hi There, I have recently installed 3.5.2 and restored using the Zen theme download, however, I have found that I cannot add content to articles as something is misaligned and therefore the full_text field isn't recording data.

I believe 3.6RC2/3 come with Zen theme as an already included theme, thus I would like to try them out. However, when I upload all the files via ftp to our shared hosting server, and chmod the relevant files with write permissions, when I navigate to the url I am redirected to www.*domain*.com/install/, but then it hangs here and does not show the installation php page. I have tried manually navigating to it, and nothing shows up.

I have tried playing with write permissions on various directorys but am unable to get it appear. I installed version 3.5.3 and 3.5.2 fine, but cant get the RC's to work.

Any Ideas??

Regards
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    check php/apache error log
  • Yes sorry forgot to say, it also wasn't throwing error files. It just seemed to be doing nothing. Any other ideas?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    copy htaccess to .htaccess (look at newscoop root folder) and add at the end:
    php_flag display_errors 1
    php_value error_reporting 2147483647
  • k getting this >> PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in /home/domain/public_html/application/Bootstrap.php on line 26
  • Hello Wayne King

I'm guessing most probably the php version is lower than 5.3 on the server.