Files not being recorded after changing default directory
  • We're running airtime 1.8.2 in the studio and recently bought a 2TB hard drive to record all the shows onto. I edited /etc/airtime/airtime.conf to say:

base_files_dir = /media/Elements/srv/airtime

and /etc/recorder.cfg to say:

# base path to store recordered shows at
    base_recorded_files = '/media/Elements/show-recorder'

Is this the correct way to change the default directories for recorded shows? Obviously I've created the relevant directories in '/media/Elements'.

Do I need to change the owner of these folders to pypo:pypo for '/media/Elements/show-recorder' and root:www-data for '/media/Elements/srv/airtime' ?

The Elements drive is formatted as HPFS/NTFS - is this a problem?

Finally, what is the function of /var/tmp/airtime/show-recorded? It seems shows get recorded there and then moved to the database when they're done? So it safe to delete all the files in /var/tmp/airtime/show-recorder?

thanks

James
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Ok, I tried changing the owner of /media/Elements/show-recorder to pypo:pypo but that didn't work so I assume it's a file-system thing. Can anyone confirm this? Would be good to know before I reformat the whole drive!
  • Ok, so I reformatted the external drive to ext4 and created a show-recorder directory with pypo:pypo ownership. Now shows are recorded to this folder ok, but it still doesn't work for the database directory.

I saw this old post:

http://forum.sourcefabric.org/index.php/m/10819/?srch=change +stor+location#msg_10819

which mentions changing something in cc_files table - where is this? Otherwise I guess I need to reinstall to change the database directory..?

If so, is there an easy way to back up my database of recorded shows whilst preserving the filenames? I could always use the download function from web ui, but that's long!!

any help appreciated

thanks

James
  • So I've made a directory on the external hard drive called airtime and edited /etc/airtime/airtime.conf to say:

base_files_dir = /media/airtime/airtime

This is with a clean install of 1.8.2 on Ubuntu 10.10 32-bit and I still can't get the files to go to this folder. sudo airtime-import -c example.mp3 works, but web ui and files from show-recorder do not.

Could really use some help with this!

thanks

James

• Ok to answer my own question again Smile

I had a directory called stor in /media/airtime/airtime, and the owner was root:www-data, but the permissions differed slightly.

original:

drwxrwsr-x 2 root www-data 4096 2011-07-05 11:18 stor

my new storage folder:

drwxr-xr-x 2 root www-data 4096 2011-07-05 11:20 stor

I couldn't figure out how to change the permissions so I just deleted mine and moved the original one there - and it worked!!

look forward to seeing this as a new feature sometime Smile
  • Well it turns out that this now works for sudo airtime-import and upload via the web ui, but the recorded shows are still not imported into the database! They are listed in the playlist builder, but no files are copied to the storage directory.

can anyone help with this?

thanks

James
  • Ok so I think I've really found a solution this time.

I did a clean install of 1.8.2 and imported my schedule. Then ran the following commands:

sudo mkdir /media/airtime/airtime
    cd /srv/airtime
    sudo mv stor /media/airtime/airtime
    cd /srv
    sudo rm -rf airtime
    sudo ln -s /media/airtime/airtime airtime

to create a symlink to the external drive. So far so good, shows are being recorded and then moved to the external drive and uploaded to soundcloud. sudo airtime-import and web upload are working too.

James