change mp3 bitrate for recording
  • Hi,

I've managed to change the default mp3 bitrate of 128k to 192k by editing /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/scripts/ls_script.liq and changing:

out_mp3 = output.icecast(%mp3,

to:

out_mp3 = output.icecast(%mp3(bitrate=192),

But this doesn't affect the recording bitrate of live shows. Is there a way to do this?

thanks

James
  • 10 Comments sorted by
  • Hi, We dont officially support this yet. If you want to change this in the code look in "airtime/python_apps/show-recorder/recorder.py"

and modify
    command = "ecasound -i alsa -o %s -t:%s" % (filepath, length)

to
    command = "ecasound -i alsa -o %s,128000 -t:%s" % (filepath, length)

for 128kbps.

I have not tested this so no guarantees Smile Goodluck!
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Works in airtime 1.8.2-RC3

thanks!
  • You may refer this step by step guide on how to chang MP3 bitrate on Mac or Windows.

This guide can helps to:

• Change bitrate of MP3, WAV, FLAC, Apple Lossless, M4A, WMA, OGG, AIFF, AC3, AAC, DTS and etc.
    • Change video bitrate of MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, MKV, FLV, MPG, VOB, 3GP, RMVB and etc.
    • Change bitrate among all standards like 32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256 and 320 kbit/s.
    • Reduce
      bitrate to decrease the file size like convert mp3 to lower bitrate
      (from 196kbps to 128kbps) to reduce the MP3 file size.
    • Increase the bitrate to increase the video or audio quality.
    • Change bitrate as well as keep the same output format.  
    • Change bitrate as well as convert to other video or audio format.
  • I know a nice Video and Audio Bitrate Converter, can change audio bitrate with ease. The powerful bitrate converter can change all audio and video bitrates like change MP3 bitrate, change WAV bitrate, change MP4 bitrate, change AVI bitrate, change FLAC/AIFF/OGG/WMA/MKV/VOB/AVI/FLV etc. This powerful tool can also be called MP3 Bitrate Converter, MP3 Bitrate
    Changer, WAV Bitrate Changer and more. This wonderful MP3 Bitrate
    Converter provides solution to merge files, trim files, cut off files,
    rotate files, add or remove watermarks, add or remove subtitles and so
    on.

• With Faasoft MP3 Bitrate Converter, the following tasks will be readily completed:

• Adjust bitrate of almost all kinds of video files such as MP4,
      MOV, AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, ASF, MXF, WebM, OGV, 3GP, Xvid, DivX, AVCHD,
      MTS/M2TS, MOD, SWF, 720p and 1080p and so on;
    • Adjust bitrate of various kinds of audio files like AAC, AC3,
      M4A, WAV, MP3, FLAC, AIFF, CAF, VOC, OGG, WMA, M4B, OPUS, APE, AMR, etc;
    • Change video bitrate and keep the source video format or as well as convert to other popular video formats for playback;
    • Change audio bitrate without re-encoding or convert the source audio to other audio formats as your desire;
    • Adjust bitrate of audio files to 32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256, 320 and more;
    • Adjudt bitrate of video clips to 512, 640, 768, 894, 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000, 3000, 4000, and more;
    • Apart from change video or audio bitrate, this MP3 Bitrate
      Converter allows you to do many other advanced editing like adjust
      sample rate of audio, frame rate of video, change audio channels, adjust
      video and audio size, increase or decrease audio volume, remove audio
      from video, etc;
    • This amazing MP3 Bitrate Converter also has the following
      basic features for explore: trim, compress, rotate, crop, add effect,
      remove subtitle, add watermark/music background, etc;
    • Works on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000;
    • Is compatible with Mac OS X 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6, 10.5.

• You can use 12.0pt;font-family:宋体;mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;color:#757575;background:#E5E5E5;
    mso-font-kerning:1.0pt;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:ZH-CN;
    mso-bidi-language:AR-SA">Avdshare Video Downloader
    mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:ZH-CN;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA"> to
    Change audio bitrate and then convert FLAC to other audio formats, like to AAC,
    OGG, MP3, WAV, AIFF, M4A, AC3, etc.
  •  HD Video Converter Factory can help you to change  mp3 bitrate easily and effectively. 
    Moreover, if you have the annoyance on video and audio, such as how to convert dts to ac3, how to add subtitles, how to enhance the quality of video and so forth. This software can help you to do that at one go.
  • Here, share you an all-in-one DRM Audio Codec Converter, which can not only change MP3 bit rate, but also for audio channel, codec, sample rate, etc. And it doesn't only work on MP3 files, but for DRM-free AAC,WAV, FLAC, M4A, M4P, etc. and DRM-protected audio files, like Apple Music M4P, iTunes M4B, M4A, Audible AA/AAX audiobooks. 
    Wait, it's also an excellent audio converting tool for converting one audio format to other format with ease. So why not have a try of it!
  • Vote Up-1Vote Down YiliaaaaYiliaaaa
    Take the aid of one of the best screen and audio recorder software to do this work for you. From my user experience, it can support a wide range of output formats and devices. At the same time, I can use it to skip any unwanted sections and cut my recording to different parts in the way I like. If you get this one, you can also specify configuration at your own will, including bit rate, channel, codec, sample rate, etc.
  • Hi, if you looking for a special program to manage the audio's bitrate, I think you can take a try with AudFree DRM Audio Converter, which is a professional software to resolve your audio annoying. It supports 9 different bitrate settings according to your demand.

Hope it's helpful for you.