Feature Idea : stream from the cloud
  • Hi !

Im building up a webradio and i was digging into webradio managers.. and i found AirTime which seams very cool !

Im now trying to plug web streams from websites (via http) to my webradio : how cool it would be to program songs from the whole web (soundcloud, youtube, ...) directly into the webradio !

My first idea was to plug audio from web browser to mpd, using Jack (the audio routing sofware). Then i just have to call my url in the browser with auto play argument like for example :
    http://soundcloud.com/ghostly/ghostlycast-40-shigeto#play

but the real goal would be to create a list of url as a playlist and then manage it like classic mp3 playlist into a advanced webradio managment system like AirTime (which is in charge of shuffling, programming, include jingles, ...).

Two solutions :

The first would be to create a website-relay, charged to manage my url playlist, and play songs into the browser, and then route it to AirTime as live input from external source... but i can not mix mp3 and webstreams, and i can not manage webstreams into AirTime

The second solution : this description turned you into a deep reflexion which turned suddendly into a brillant idea and some cool advices like : "hey, just do like that !"

if you got any piece of advice to help me dig in there, it would be very nice !

By the way, i got couple programming skills in php, js, .. and i just created a little company in Lyon (France) with a friend, company called ... AirLab ! (we didn't know you before today Wink
    It's the very beggining but our goal is to develop open-source web-based applications and ERP, easy-to-update-for-everybody websites, etc...

If you need any external help (free or not), it would be a pleasure !

Hope to read you soon Smile

Thanks !

Thomas
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    We welcome any help - especially with webstream relay. Smile