TinyMCE text too small in article edit
  • Hi all,

Some feedback from the project at WADR - most of the journalists find the text in the article edit fields (i.e. the body text itself) too small to work with and edit.

Is it possible to change the size of this anywhere in the config? The front page should of course remain the same, it's just in the backend that it should be larger.

• 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Micz FlorMicz Flor
    i think if you change the font size in the first line of this CSS it should do the trick:

/javascript/tinymce/themes/advanced/skins/default/content.cs s
  • Micz is right, but there is a problem because that file is a standard tinymce file, so it might be easily overwritten like for example when upgrading tinymce. So, Newscoop provides an specific file for this:

admin-files/articles/article_stylesheet.css

you can edit it and override styles defined in the file indicated by Micz. Let's say you want to increase the font size, you can add something like this:

body, td, pre {color:#000; font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; margin:8px;}

The original definition in javascript/tinymce/themes/advanced/skins/default/content.css was exactly the same but with font-size value 10px.

Sometimes you need to clear the browser cache so that you can see the changes.

Best,
  • Okay, great. Will implement and get back to you if any problems.
  • That worked by the way, thanks. I'll file a design improvement ticket regarding the size of the edit article fields though, I think they should be much bigger, especially if people prefer a larger font size...