Adding More streams Final Part 2
  • Many time you want to add more streams for different servers or different codecs.
    If you like myself have tried the many tutorial here you will find that they just don't work.until now.
    I did this whilst I watch "Everybody Loves Raymond" it can takes less time  but focus.do not be daunted by the lengthy description its just 7 simple steps
    you could finished in 2 minutes each steps making 14 minutes in total

I once added 25 additional streams but for this tutorial I will add 3 additional making 6 in total

You will first need to
    • update the database to the number of streams
    • Insert the additional row for the additional 3 streams

I include a php script that you can either run as cli or in a browser  (much faster and efficient to me) its called insert.php in the zip files

or

Install the GUI and insert each row.(when I did this i made so many mistakes.

Please note that you have to update the framework tables and database at the end which is different from the insert.php

There is a way to do this with doctrine or propel,I am just not thee yet but I will keep you inform

The Steps are given first and the edits next(line numbers are approximate).

Here we go

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2016-06-28 03:39:42
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • This is the way to add 3 more streams to your
    Require you to insert and update the database using a GUI or the php script I included

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Step 1  - Modify Views See below for line number to edits  
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

cp /usr/share/airtime/public/js/airtime/preferences/streamsetting.js /usr/share/airtime/public/js/airtime/preferences/streamsetting.js.$(date "+%b_%d_%Y_%H.%M.%S") && gedit /usr/share/airtime/public/js/airtime/preferences/streamsetting.js

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Step 2  - Modify Controllers See below for line number to edits  
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    cp /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/PreferenceController.php /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/PreferenceController.php.$(date "+%b_%d_%Y_%H.%M.%S") &&
    gedit /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/PreferenceController.php

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Step 3  - Modify Restful API Controllers See below for line number to edits  
    cp /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/ApiController.php /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/ApiController.php.$(date "+%b_%d_%Y_%H.%M.%S") &&
    gedit /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/ApiController.php

Step 4  - Modify Database scheme See below for line number to edits  
    cp /usr/share/airtime/build/sql/defaultdata.sql /usr/share/airtime/build/sql/defaultdata.sql.$(date "+%b_%d_%Y_%H.%M.%S") &&
    gedit /usr/share/airtime/build/sql/defaultdata.sql

Step 5  - Modify Ls_scripts See below for line number to edits  

sudo cp /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.liq /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.$(date "+%b_%d_%Y_%H.%M.%S") &&
    gedit /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.liq

Step 6  - update the tables See below for line number to edits  
    update the tables
    At the terminal run

curl -k https://localhost/update-stream-setting-table/format/json/api_key/YOUR_OWN_DARN_KEYS

Step 7  - update the database See below for line number to edits  
    update the database
    At the terminal run

airtime-update-db-settings

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • ###################################################################################
    *******************************************************************************
    These are the edits below
    Step 1
    gedit /usr/share/airtime/public/js/airtime/preferences/streamsetting.js
    function setPseudoAdminPassword(s1, s2, s3,s4,s5,s6) {
        if (s1) {
            $('#s1_data-admin_pass').val('xxxxxx');
        }
        if (s2) {
            $('#s2_data-admin_pass').val('xxxxxx');
        }
        if (s3) {
            $('#s3_data-admin_pass').val('xxxxxx');
        }
        if (s4) {
            $('#s4_data-admin_pass').val('xxxxxx');
        }
        if (s5) {
            $('#s5_data-admin_pass').val('xxxxxx');
        }
        if (s6) {
            $('#s6_data-admin_pass').val('xxxxxx');
        }
    }

function getAdminPasswordStatus() {
        $.ajax({ url: baseUrl+'Preference/get-admin-password-status/format/json', dataType:"json", success:function(data){
            setPseudoAdminPassword(data.s1, data.s2, data.s3, data.s4, data.s5, data.s6);
          }});   
    }

setPseudoAdminPassword(json.s1_set_admin_pass, json.s2_set_admin_pass, json.s3_set_admin_pass, json.s4_set_admin_pass, json.s5_set_admin_pass, json.s6_set_admin_pass);
                });

• Step 2
     gedit /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/PreferenceController.php
    if ($request->isPost()) {
                $params = $request->getPost();
                /* Parse through post data and put in format
                 * $form->isValid() is expecting it in
                 */
                $postData = explode('&', $params['data']);
                $s1_data = array();
                $s2_data = array();
                $s3_data = array();
                $s4_data = array();
                $s5_data = array();
                $s6_data = array();
                $values = array();
    foreach($postData as $k=>$v) {
                    $v = explode('=', urldecode($v));
                    if (strpos($v[0], "s1_data") !== false) {
                        /* In this case $v[0] may be 's1_data[enable]' , for example.
                         * We only want the 'enable' part
                         */
                        preg_match('/\[(.*)\]/', $v[0], $matches);
                        $s1_data[$matches[1]] = $v[1];
                    } elseif (strpos($v[0], "s2_data") !== false) {
                        $s2_data[$matches[1]] = $v[1];
                    } elseif (strpos($v[0], "s3_data") !== false) {
                        $s3_data[$matches[1]] = $v[1];
                    } elseif (strpos($v[0], "s4_data") !== false) {
                        $s4_data[$matches[1]] = $v[1];
                    } elseif (strpos($v[0], "s5_data") !== false) {
                        $s5_data[$matches[1]] = $v[1];
                    } elseif (strpos($v[0], "s6_data") !== false) {
                        $s6_data[$matches[1]] = $v[1];
                    } else {
                        $values[$v[0]] = $v[1];
                    }
                }

$values["s1_data"] = $s1_data;
                $values["s2_data"] = $s2_data;
                $values["s3_data"] = $s3_data;
                $values["s4_data"] = $s4_data;
                $values["s5_data"] = $s5_data;
                $values["s6_data"] = $s6_data;

$s1_set_admin_pass = !empty($values["s1_data"]["admin_pass"]);
                    $s2_set_admin_pass = !empty($values["s2_data"]["admin_pass"]);
                    $s3_set_admin_pass = !empty($values["s3_data"]["admin_pass"]);
                    $s4_set_admin_pass = !empty($values["s4_data"]["admin_pass"]);
                    $s5_set_admin_pass = !empty($values["s5_data"]["admin_pass"]);
                    $s6_set_admin_pass = !empty($values["s6_data"]["admin_pass"]);

$this->_helper->json->sendJson(array(
                        "valid"=>"true",
                        "html"=>$this->view->render('preference/stream-setting.phtml'),
                        "s1_set_admin_pass"=>$s1_set_admin_pass,
                        "s2_set_admin_pass"=>$s2_set_admin_pass,
                        "s3_set_admin_pass"=>$s3_set_admin_pass,
                "s4_set_admin_pass"=>$s4_set_admin_pass,
                        "s5_set_admin_pass"=>$s5_set_admin_pass,
                        "s6_set_admin_pass"=>$s6_set_admin_pass,      

));

public function getAdminPasswordStatusAction()
        {
            $out = array();
            for ($i=1; $i<=6; $i++) {
                if (Application_Model_StreamSetting::getAdminPass('s'.$i)=='') {
                    $out["s".$i] = false;
                } else {
                    $out["s".$i] = true;
                }
            }
            $this->_helper->json->sendJson($out);
        }
    }

• Step 3
     gedit /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/ApiController.php
    public function getStreamParametersAction() {
            $streams = array("s1", "s2", "s3", "s4", "s5", "s6");
            $stream_params = array();
            foreach ($streams as $s) {
                $stream_params[$s] =
                    Application_Model_StreamSetting::getStreamDataNormalized($s);
            }
            $this->view->stream_params = $stream_params;
        }

• Step 4 -this is needed for the framework all i did wad copy it from my php script
     gedit /usr/share/airtime/build/sql/defaultdata.sql

INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_enable', 'false', 'boolean');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_output', 'icecast', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_type', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_bitrate', '', 'integer');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_host', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_port', '', 'integer');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_user', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_pass', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_admin_user', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_admin_pass', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_mount', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_url', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_description', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_genre', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_name', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s4_channels', 'stereo', 'string');

INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_enable', 'false', 'boolean');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_output', 'icecast', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_type', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_bitrate', '', 'integer');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_host', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_port', '', 'integer');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_user', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_pass', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_admin_user', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_admin_pass', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_mount', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_url', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_description', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_genre', '', 'string');  
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_name', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s5_channels', 'stereo', 'string');

INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_enable', 'false', 'boolean');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_output', 'icecast', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_type', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_bitrate', '', 'integer');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_host', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_port', '', 'integer');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_user', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_pass', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_admin_user', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_admin_pass', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_mount', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_url', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_description', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_genre', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_name', '', 'string');
    INSERT INTO cc_stream_setting ("keyname", "value", "type") VALUES ('s6_channels', 'stereo', 'string');

UPDATE cc_pref SET valstr = 6 WHERE id = 5;
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2016-06-28 03:03:12
  • Step 5
     gedit /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.liq

s1_connected = ref ''
    s2_connected = ref ''
    s3_connected = ref ''
    s4_connected = ref ''
    s5_connected = ref ''
    s6_connected = ref ''
    s1_namespace = ref ''
    s2_namespace = ref ''
    s3_namespace = ref ''
    s4_namespace = ref ''
    s5_namespace = ref ''
    s6_namespace = ref ''

fun (s) -> begin log("streams.connection_status") "1:#{!s1_connected},2:#{!s2_connected},3:#{!s3_connected},4:#{!s4_connected},5:#{!s5_connected},6:#{!s6_connected}" end)

if s1_enable == true then
        if s1_output == 'shoutcast' then
            s1_namespace := "shoutcast_stream_1"
        else
            s1_namespace := s1_mount
        end
        server.register(namespace=!s1_namespace, "connected", fun (s) -> begin log("#{!s1_namespace}.connected") !s1_connected end)
        output_to(s1_output, s1_type, s1_bitrate, s1_host, s1_port, s1_pass,
                    s1_mount, s1_url, s1_description, s1_genre, s1_user, s, "1",
                    s1_connected, s1_name, s1_channels)
    end

if s2_enable == true then
        if s2_output == 'shoutcast' then
            s2_namespace := "shoutcast_stream_2"
        else
            s2_namespace := s2_mount
        end
        server.register(namespace=!s2_namespace, "connected", fun (s) -> begin log("#{!s2_namespace}.connected") !s2_connected end)
        output_to(s2_output, s2_type, s2_bitrate, s2_host, s2_port, s2_pass,
                    s2_mount, s2_url, s2_description, s2_genre, s2_user, s, "2",
                    s2_connected, s2_name, s2_channels)

end

if s3_enable == true then
        if s3_output == 'shoutcast' then
            s3_namespace := "shoutcast_stream_3"
        else
            s3_namespace := s3_mount
        end
        server.register(namespace=!s3_namespace, "connected", fun (s) -> begin log("#{!s3_namespace}.connected") !s3_connected end)
        output_to(s3_output, s3_type, s3_bitrate, s3_host, s3_port, s3_pass,
                    s3_mount, s3_url, s3_name, s3_genre, s3_user, s, "3",
                    s3_connected, s3_description, s3_channels)
    end

if s4_enable == true then
        if s4_output == 'shoutcast' then
            s4_namespace := "shoutcast_stream_4"
        else
            s4_namespace := s4_mount
        end
        server.register(namespace=!s4_namespace, "connected", fun (s) -> begin log("#{!s4_namespace}.connected") !s4_connected end)
        output_to(s4_output, s4_type, s4_bitrate, s4_host, s4_port, s4_pass,
                    s4_mount, s4_url, s4_name, s4_genre, s4_user, s, "4",
                    s4_connected, s4_description, s4_channels)
    end
    if s5_enable == true then
        if s5_output == 'shoutcast' then
            s5_namespace := "shoutcast_stream_5"
        else
            s5_namespace := s5_mount
        end
        server.register(namespace=!s5_namespace, "connected", fun (s) -> begin log("#{!s5_namespace}.connected") !s5_connected end)
        output_to(s5_output, s5_type, s5_bitrate, s5_host, s5_port, s5_pass,
                    s5_mount, s5_url, s5_name, s5_genre, s5_user, s, "5",
                    s5_connected, s5_description, s5_channels)
    end

if s6_enable == true then
        if s6_output == 'shoutcast' then
            s6_namespace := "shoutcast_stream_6"
        else
            s6_namespace := s6_mount
        end
        server.register(namespace=!s6_namespace, "connected", fun (s) -> begin log("#{!s6_namespace}.connected") !s6_connected end)
        output_to(s6_output, s6_type, s6_bitrate, s6_host, s6_port, s6_pass,
                    s6_mount, s6_url, s6_name, s6_genre, s6_user, s, "6",
                    s6_connected, s6_description, s6_channels)
    end

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Step 6  - update the framework tables See below for line number to edits  
    update the tables
    At the terminal run

curl -k https://localhost/update-stream-setting-table/format/json/api_key/YOUR_OWN_DARN_KEYS

Step 7  - update the framework database See below for line number to edits  
    update the database
    At the terminal run

airtime-update-db-settings
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2016-06-28 03:01:25
  • Thats it
    wasn't so bad and painful

In fact if you follow my steps exactly it definitely should work,but no guarantees,it work for me though

you can follow me here https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17831/ever-want-to-build-your-own-test-container-and-pimp-the-ui-another-in-101-series
    as i demystify the airtime program
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2016-06-28 03:06:18
  • poof
    Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2016-06-28 03:26:39