How to modify Airtime 2.2 default web port
  • After much searching I'm still unable to resolve this issue. I have a fresh install of Airtime 2.2 on Ubuntu 11.04. After the default installation everything works great. I can modify the streaming ports and that's fine. However I would like to change the port for the web interface from the default 80 to port 7999. I have manually edited the airtime-vhost.conf and restarted all services per the manual. I also ran the database update but to no avail. When I run the airtime-check-system command I get the following:

AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = FAILED
    -- There appears to be a problem with your Airtime installation.

I visited the site mentioned however I'm still unable to resolve this issue. The only way to get my web interface back is to resort to port 80. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advanced for your help.
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Make sure you update the config files

/etc/airtime/api_client.cfg

and

/etc/airtime/airtime.conf

to reflect these new changes.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Sorry for the late reply... I have made all requested changes but I still receive the same error message. Maybe Airtime does not / can not operate on a different port than 80.

I have attached my config files. Please let me know what I've missed or screwed up.
  • It certainly is possible (mine is on port 8080). Check your vhost file if you have done yesterday's update because the installer will overwrite it to port 80 again. Also add your port in /etc/apache2/ports.conf like this:
    NameVirtualHost *:80
    Listen 80
    Listen 8080
    This worked for me. (Don't forget to restart apache)
  • Thanks!! I changed the ports.conf and restarted apache and that did it. I did get another error when I issued the airtime-check-system command. The error was in the RABBITMQ_PROCESS_ID line which resulted in a 'failed' status. 

I'll restart the server to see if that will clear up. Thanks again to everyone!!