Airtime, A LOT of questions....
  • Well, instead of the originally intended multi user setup, I use Airtime as a personal radio station that streams random music with smart blocks 7/24.

But I'ld like to confirm a few things in order to check if they're related to my Via N2250 machines cpu capabilities and/or software limitations.

First of all I must say that I did ID3 tag all my files with musicbrainz, ~12000 mp3 files, added mp3gain tags, ran mp3val, converted ALL tags to UTF-8 and also added both id3 v2 and v1 tags to all of them.

Now I have tags on all my files. Well, some of them has false tags as a result of mass Tagging with musicbrainz but so be it.

After those steps and uploading all those to my server (gosh, the uploading part is like hell) I encountered a few problems/questions/ideas.

1- I don't know if it's airtime or icecast but when I stream Icecast shows invalid title characters for some of my Turkish mp3 files.

2- When I was creating a new smart block I tried creating it like: IF title contains X or Y or Z and if creator contains A or B or C skip it.
    But it did not.

3- When I create a 24 hour smart block and then try to add it to a 24H long repetitive linked show it either waits for a really long time and fails without even a notification or it takes reaaaaaaaly long time.

4- I think playing files on a folder/path basis might also be a good solution. Considering some people might use a genre based foldering hierarchy. I'ld like that too to differ files from Turkish and Non-Turkish files since they're in separate folders in my case.

5- Maybe adding a "If nothing scheduled, play random music from library" choice to the core of the software might be a good alternate for lazy people like me or new starters who doesn't want to do any hacks.

6- Does anyone have any recommendations for a basic html5 player with metadata support AND last X played files script for Airtime? I'm not that good of a coder, mostly an Editor for basic stuff maybe. So any good choices for my personal radio station for friends and family are welcome.

7- Sometimes I try to create a non-repetetive X hour long dynamic smart block but... It's not always X hour long. Sometimes it doesn't fulfill the required time limit. Is this normal?

Also, as a side note i'ld like to say that l I disabled silan (rename the bin file) to get rid of premature song skipping and it seems like it worked.

So...
    Anyone having the same troubles? Or have any comments?
  • 28 Comments sorted by
  • Real quick!

>1- I don't know if it's airtime or icecast but when I stream Icecast shows invalid title characters for some of my Turkish mp3 files. 

Invalid characters on the streaming client or icecast itself? As long as UTF-8 is working on Airtime and Icecast, shouldn't have any issues.

>2- When I was creating a new smart block I tried creating it like: IF title contains X or Y or Z and if creator contains A or B or C skip it. 
    But it did not.  

Yeah, they're not all that smart yet. Patience!

>3- When I create a 24 hour smart block and then try to add it to a 24H long repetitive linked show it either waits for a really long time and fails without even a notification or it takes reaaaaaaaly long time.

Yeah, another bad idea. It'll try to create tens of thousands of future shows and it needlessly bogs everything down.

>4- I think playing files on a folder/path basis might also be a good solution. Considering some people might use a genre based foldering hierarchy. I'ld like that too to differ files from Turkish and Non-Turkish files since they're in separate folders in my case. 

Genre ID3 tag, yo!

>5- Maybe adding a "If nothing scheduled, play random music from library" choice to the core of the software might be a good alternate for lazy people like me or new starters who doesn't want to do any hacks. 

That's definitely on Sourcefabric's to-do list. But don't expect it next week...

>6- Does anyone have any recommendations for a basic html5 player with metadata support AND last X played files script for Airtime? I'm not that good of a coder, mostly an Editor for basic stuff maybe. So any good choices for my personal radio station for friends and family are welcome. 

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17309/icecast-json-metadata-html5/

>7- Sometimes I try to create a non-repetetive X hour long dynamic smart block but... It's not always X hour long. Sometimes it doesn't fulfill the required time limit. Is this normal? 

You might be running into a track length calculation bug. If it's not that, remember, if your tracks aren't all of a perfect uniform length, you're always going to have a gap because they aren't mashed together or time/pitch adjusted to make a perfect 60:00:00.

>Also, as a side note i'ld like to say that l I disabled silan (rename the bin file) to get rid of premature song skipping and it seems like it worked. 

Yeah, silan's current implementation sucks. :(
  • I want answer 1 question if I may

Autodj feature.

That is the Easiest Simplest single fixed for Airtime.It Aches me to see that none of it was implement.

Everytime I reinstall I have a simple line I throw in

autodj=playlist(id="autodj","~/Music/")
    default = fallback(track_sensitive=false,[strip_blank(max_blank=5.,threshold=-45.,default),autodj])

this is all Airtime team as to do
    so how do you set this up

you have a section on the

System ==>Stream Settings + Global Settings

Three parameters that is Three input Box

Directory  

At what level of Silence

Amount of Seconds to Start

Save

That s it

They cannot code that.!!!!!!

The longer the time is the longer it takes to fall in

Then As time goes by we tweak it.

This provide opportunity for you  if you install the program for some one or to make money

I used firebug and then I code it,

If idiot me can do that then they must be a level too high for me or too low for me

So check my signature below and tell me if I am wrong

My God
    :((   My God :(( People  People  :(( My God :(( My God :((   do something
    :((

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-04-28 21:38:31
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • @Roger Wilco,

Sorry, I wasn't that quick to respond back. Was busy (:

1- Airtime shows the files just fine. But from Airtime to Icecast they get corrupted. And Icecast is set to UTF-8 by default.

3- Well, it is a feature of the software. I tend to use it as is instead of hacking. So it should be easier on itself then.

4- I did and do Id3 tagging. I did it heavily using Musicbrainz Picard. Everything but adding a separate, unique tag to them. Also, as one other user stated in another topic for audio books, it's not always the best idea. Sometimes you can have a mixed folder as well.

5- Week after next week is also fine with me (:

7- The gap I was talking about is more of a 22 hours instead of 24 hours kinda one instead of minutes. If it was so I could've understood that.

@Voisses Tech,

Well. Since AutoDJ kinda feature is really useful and serves to the purpose of this software I hope it gets implemented. Because even with a team of many you still might have gaps in between shows. And I think doing it without any hacks is a better way in the long run.

Sure, if you say it's easy I'll take you up on that.
    But if it's on the to-do list as Roger said, that's good news.

•  @Voisses Tech,

Well. Since AutoDJ kinda feature is really useful and serves to the purpose of this software I hope it gets implemented. Because even with a team of many you still might have gaps in between shows. And I think doing it without any hacks is a better way in the long run.

What You talking about Arnold?

You not using Linux.
    Linux is putting codes together some people call it mods,some call it hack.

When you put those codes together and it works,you can literally turn it in a repository (Offical) and many people use it.

If you take 100 developers who uses python,php,liquidsoap ,blah,blah blah.you get 100 different approaches

I do not know what you mean
    "Because even with a team of many you still might have gaps in between shows"

Is this related to a sprint I saw in the dev dashboard

You fill gaps with transistions

your transitions can be blank or another jingles.

How would you code any autodj without the making some codes that is hack in with php.

and maybe you have not been too long in Airtime,but Autodj  was one of the most requested feature and anybody who have not hack there's either have lot of dead Air or is at their station 24/7.

I was one of those who advocate loading a 24hour calendar block or 2 sets of 12hour ,then linked show came in to do repetition and  my nightmare came

The DARN Thing went blank and Dead

I then said let me focus on the option the core.
    No more DEAD AIR and baps all the autodj threads are one of the most viewed forums.

Stop Kid yourself.

Your project will be dead,dead ,dead, If you think you can code a c++ or C backend to handle playout.

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    @Voisses Tech,

don't take VOISSES too serious.
    he's frequently overacting with a lack of sensitivity...

it's really said to see/read how a guy with massive knowledge is not able to transfer it accordingly.
    seems like a typical teacher...
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • ... patching in a half-assed autodj like that is indeed a hack

It honestly doesn't properly help anyone because it functions completely under the Airtime UI radar.

If you're going to go to the trouble of hand-editing scripts and LS config files, you may as well use Liquidsoap all by itself.

IANA Team SF member, YMMV, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, void where prohibited.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech

[-X  >:/   >:/  8-} X_X 

What sense it makes arguing of whether its an hack or a function ?
    Do use the "Half Ass Autodj" and You Shall perish with Dead Air  :-B =))
    Or spend Your life complaining.
    I don't Care

So I like logics

When I start using Linux it too was considered a hack job.I never had the funds to keep buying new computers so I got turn my N9000 compact laptop into a Debian Hack.
    Yes I was using pidgin at the time and they did comprimise a repository and within weeks my unusual name pop up as a website.So yes I am hacked.

Now are some facts.

• When you install Any linux machine if you want to make it function on static address it has to be hacked
    • firewalls are the same

Almost anything else you want away from the basic on Linux,then according to you "Its a Hacked"

To make it functional.

So let me give you a little thing,
    Airtime is a
    • hacked of Jplayer (that's all that top division of the now playing,up next etc).run  the liquidsoap json on then use jquery and jplayer and that's it Use php to store each song played and then use an array to pick either the last 5 ,next song queued
    • then most of the all the interface is almost intuitive use firebug
    • it takes 5 lines to send the notification and store the information its all hacked

If the current core exist then any autodj must be hack.

Now Just a kind word to you.

I came in here at version 2.3 a lot of people was complaining about the Dead Air and although there were parse write ups about getting rid of the Dead Air,most of it was in context.

So now with over 2k views and even centovas moving to this Method.

People love the Hack

=))

Maybe right now You might even be using the HACKED

You all to spoilt, and dependent.
    =))
    and nobody asked anyone to use it Go do what you want.
    I will help any who see the need for it
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-05-03 13:58:54
  • It honestly doesn't properly help anyone because it functions completely under the Airtime UI radar.
    @Roger Wilco
    Do you know how simple it is to put it full in the database and becomes an integral part of the Airtime UI.

Here you go
    • Look at the top of the ls_lib ,you will see the notification sample
    • Then just create a request script for pulling the playlist in the ls_script
    • When the request pull the source store that source in the database (create your own column in the table)
    • then you can add any variable name to the ApiController array
    • and just copy and paste any of the forms you want it on by parsing the array

You can literally look on any of @John_Chewters script and manipulate any forms.

You can flight it right on top of the asses oops sorry radar.

=)) =)) =)) :-)) :)) :-O \:D/ 8-X 8-X >-)
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-05-03 23:03:00
    Let me start with This small quote

Developers that use our General Public Licenses protect your rights
    with two steps: (1) assert copyright on the software, and (2) offer
    you this License which gives you legal permission to copy, distribute
    and/or modify the software.

https://github.com/sourcefabric/airtime/blob/2.5.x/LICENSE

Let me say this is what I do

There is a limited API and we all know they are trying to fix this.Hence you cannot or can get limited information to use and based on the definition above you modify.
    Where in the world people misunderstood these definition.I cannot tell.

So what is an hack,try these two definition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack

Hack may refer to:

Computing

Hack (computer security), to break into computers and computer networks
        Hack (programming language), a programming language developed by Facebook
        Hack (computer science), an inelegant but effective solution to a computing problem
        Hack (programmer subculture), participation in a computer programmer subculture

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hack   
    Definition of HACK
    transitive verb

a :  to cut or sever with repeated irregular or unskillful blows
    b :  to cut or shape by or as if by crude or ruthless strokes
    c :  annoy, vex —often used with off
    :  to clear or make by or as if by cutting away vegetation

Clearly people will not read.

I will not be sexist now but sometimes to much testosterone can make us drunk.
    Most man get lost because they fail to follow directions
    they see things there way.

I tell every one I like being stupid.Its what makes me always have a fresh approach.

With every open source programming language and application you are free to modify it.

Is it that people are jealous that I get a lot of attention here?

I will make a list of my credentials of thank you in this forum and post as my resume here.

Eat your Hearts out.
    In Basic Law ,they say never attack a person unless its your last defence.

Build your case on facts and events.

So I will continue  to modify call it Hack or whatever though outs you have but enjoy it

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace
    there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on
    good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit.
    If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for
    always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in
    your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing
    fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of
    trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many
    persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical
    about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as
    perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do
    not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of
    fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a
    child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a
    right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is
    unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you
    conceive Him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of
    life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken
    dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann, "Desiderata".[1
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-05-04 10:07:48
  • Yeah but you can't manually override the autoDJ gracefully when you can't see how many seconds remain on the current track... ya follow me good sir?
  • ... autoDJ playout isn't logged in the Playout History, is it?
    t@Rodger_Wilco

Please remove your chair from the back of the class room and have a seat in the front row.

I really explained that to you in many post

Yeah but you can't manually override the autoDJ gracefully when you can't see how many seconds remain on the current track... ya follow me good sir?

Liquidsoap carries an of_json ,its the same one that  they used in Airtime.all the information  is parse decode from it

Just go to your script you will see it.

Just do the new learning method of copy and paste.

Here is a summary of mine

2015/05/04 15:21:55 [fallback_11614:3] Switch to strip_blank_11611 with forgetful transition.
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [cue_cut_11599:3] Cueing in...
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [decoder:3] Method "MAD" accepted "/srv/backup/music//music_all/showhour0001/14-Not in A Position to maintain you.mp3".
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: liq_cue_out=250.
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: kind={audio=2;video=0;midi=0}
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: artist=Jah Mali
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: decoder=MAD
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: title=Wipe The Tears Forever Loving Jah Riddim
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: liq_cue_in=5.
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: encoding=Lavf54.20.4
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: filename=/srv/backup/music//music_all/Reggae_rich/mp3/Jah Mali - Wipe The Tears Forever Loving Jah Riddim.mp3
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: temporary=false
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: source=autodj
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: initial_uri=annotate:liq_cue_in="5.",liq_cue_out="250.":/srv/backup/music//music_all/Reggae_rich/mp3/Jah Mali - Wipe The Tears Forever Loving Jah Riddim.mp3
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: status=playing
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: on_air=2015/05/04 15:21:55
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: rid=1
    2015/05/04 15:21:55 [radio_music:3] Metadata: genre=Reggae

see it includes the time when the actual track start and all the information including cue points

and also the next song is decode at the top to play

all you need to do is either import your songs to airtime library and get the lenght of the track or

Use anything eyeD,getId get the lenght each time a track is queued.

manually starting and stopping a source is covered in many places in liquidsoap docs or as I said just copy and paste Airtimes own.

You need help Ask,but come with a clear mind

... autoDJ playout isn't logged in the Playout History, is it?

Gosh Go read my post on the tunein app.

I said all you have to do is send the same set of information to your own server Local or remote and the use

php file put contents like this

http://php.net/manual/en/function.file-put-contents.php

you can even format it to xml for itunes

So a liitle story
    The previous comment about teaching is relevant.

I did teach and trust me all of my students graduate on top of the list.

I once worked in a developed country where they introduce computing for Early Childhood Education Teachers.

I was Hired to teach the older teachers and rural teachers because everyone thought they were the lessor case and would not adapt to computing.

You Guess it at the Teachers.Convention,my Groups walk off with most of the Prizes and the Main prize.

Now Judge from the Amount of thank you,I have here

Oh Lord its hard to be humble when you are perfect in every way.

I also thought regularly at a school  but  Maybe that person (who discredited my teaching skills) is in the group of students whom I told them "Throw away the syllabus".
    "I want you to design your own path and syllabus"

They went and report me to the Dean ,who replied " If when you leave that lecturer class,you do not own your own business then something is wrong'"

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-05-05 12:02:01
  • Great spaghetti monster! Nobody has time to read all that!! =))

Hey when you're all done counting through that duffle bag full of paper monies we dropped under that bridge for ya, let's work on a patch for Icecast to ping TuneIn similar to the way it pings the Xiph YP directory.
  • So long time people ask for 24/24 music feature to be natively implemented in airtime UI, nearly every day somebody asking for it, and still nothing. Despairing.

Great spaghetti monster! Nobody has time to read all that!! =))

Hey when you're all done counting through that duffle bag full of paper monies we dropped under that bridge for ya, let's work on a patch for Icecast to ping TuneIn similar to the way it pings the Xiph YP directory.

Hear the pot calling the kettle dirty when the two us burns on the same firewood~X(

Check the last 6 post in this thread (based on today's date)
    4 of the 6 wants to know how to used the current autodj solutions

Yes to your surprise many people find it more convenient to eat 80% of Cake than throw tantrum on "I must get all the Cake,Or I do not want any :-\"   "

So if Airtime do not have something around these ,then people will still complain

So what about those who uses shoutcast or peercast?

I go have my spinach ,mummy !

Most hosting just have a backend for Autodj that whatever you uploads is shuffle or played normal

You have so much possibilities here.Apart from that the amount of versatile solutions you can make money.

So I am now going over to Newscoop to do some damage and leave you ungrateful  Airtime "cry babies" :-(  :-B 
    :-(
    Next week check me

:!! >-) X_X :-t
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-05-05 11:58:11
  • Uhhh...

I don't know how to respond all these. First of all, Voissess, there's a language barrier in your messages. From what I see that might be a cause for people to not understand what you're trying to say.

Second, using a half-assed hack is not a good way as Roger also emphasizes. The system doesn't function all that well, you might run into other problems due to that and you might loose or break functionality when you upgrade.

So yea, an implemented one is way better.

Indeed, all stuff is a compilation of hacks as you say. But they're usually heavily tested and known to collaborate.

You blame us being dependant and all. From where I stand, you're also in the same place though. If Airtime is just a hacked version of jPlayer as you claim, and since you say you're not dependant, one would ask: "Why are you using it, why don't you just hack it yourself? "

Also, please do not forget that most people using this software might not be as technically advanced as you are.
    The last I checked being a sysadmin wasn't part of any radio dj's cv. That's why people are asking for features.

The last I checked being a sysadmin wasn't part of any radio dj's cv. That's why people are asking for features.

So right! the Dj should not touch anything except the Mic,The Chair and Desk assigned to them and if they have rights to upload  and use the playout section of Airtime.
    Please look at the limited role in Airtime of the DJ to understand it.

Your System Engineer and Sysadmin are the only ones who should be thinkering with codes

Also, please do not forget that most people using this software might not be as technically advanced as you are.

You have certainly have not follow my threads.

I start with a tutorial,I give every possible solutions and then I give all the modifications possible.

There are people who comes in here with basic knowledge and even PM. me which I tell them put it in the thread and

Lets work it through.

If you do not have basic knowledge,You should not be seeking solutions in this forum.Period

If you do not have basic knowledge ,how will you follow instructions.

Use an interface like Mixxx,Winamp,Tractor,Amarok,Virtual Dj,IDJC,DJPlay,SAMS,RadioDJ,Zaro,Itunes etc.

It is common Knowledge that My front-end Worksation is not Airtime but I do share my Modifications to Airtime (My work is too precious to Called "HACKS") Unless you can pronounce it like me "ACTS" like legislations

You blame us being dependant and all. From where I stand, you're also in the same place though.

Darn Right So.

If Airtime is just a hacked version of jPlayer as you claim, and since you say you're not dependant, one would ask: "Why are you using it, why don't you just hack it yourself? "

That was more Rhetoric’s and Metaphors.
    All I was pointing out is ,If we have a modifications that makes something works,then we should consider it an add-on or plugin and if you called it Hack,use it in a generous way to say it will make life a little less difficult.

I can bet a million ,if these so called hacks was not there ,the complains would be wider.and some people would not even used Airtime cause there are many alternatives out there.

People have even adopt these so called to run standalone liquidsoap,so trust me ,with these hacks you can go to bed knowing that there will be no dead air.

I do modified it to fit all my clients needs and if you are not familiar then you will find me in the hack sections  with things like

• The Dreaded Auto DJ
    • The Tunein App
    • The Widgets and Jplayer
    • Troubleshooting
    • Virtual Hostings

Just click on my name and look at my etch-sketch

And Guess What I share All my Thoughts

Go listen to my Tunein and you will also see

search for Voisses

Indeed, all stuff is a compilation of hacks as you say. But they're usually heavily tested and known to collaborate.

What the Heck you taking about?

The AutoDJ scripts are somewhat even tested more than Airtime it self
    This script https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15701/fallover-101-how-to-make-all-scripts-worked-easy-steps-to-build-your-scripts-fixed-silence alone  have been viewed over 2800 times and if you search all the forums for AutoDj You will get More than 5000 Views.

If say 10% of those implement (500 people) some form of the script and all the other people who uses liquidsoap.It will far exceed Airtime.
    customer database.

If there is no logic to what you say ,much less it lacks facts to match it ,as a programmer,you should not even mention it.Haven't you being thought that?

Second, using a half-assed hack is not a good way as Roger also emphasizes. The system doesn't function all that well, you might run into other problems due to that and you might loose or break functionality when you upgrade.

You have not read this

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/16091/fallover-101-how-to-make-all-scripts-worked-revisted-pt2-advance-reduce-effects-of-upgrade-brok

My worthy Friend not all upgrades is for you.Security updates is a must but

"If its not Broken ,You do not have to fixed it"
    I can Guarantee you that I will not move to the new ones unless

• Major Feature Changes
    • Major Security upgrades

You certainly have not being in computing long enough to know that people was using Windows NT. years after its End of Life.

Right now I have seen clients using Windows 2003, even though it has reach End of life

To inform you,I have adopted the above since Airtime version 2.3 and anytime I have upgrade I just issue the symbolic links mention and my system is up again in 5 mintues.

MyAutodj Has worked since 2.3 - 2.5.1.6 and nothing has broken.So either you are following a facetious statement or you are gullible to stupidity.

Follow the right crowd and read and become knowlegeable

I would not even employ or hire some people to walk my Dogs,because they would ask why don't you put pampas on the dogs,rather than I have to pick up the poop

Hogwash and not even clean Hogwash, Real dirty Nasty Wild HOGHWASH.

My Compuwiz crashes,Airtime will go blank (unless you follow @Bart suggestion) and the many things that happen in computer each day.

Its Why there are Release Candidate (RC),Alpha,Beta,Stable Releases.

No software is perfect,No software can full fill your needs.
    Open Source offers you the opportunity to modify and Tweaks things until it reach at least a 90% acceptable level.

I have not had a BSOD (blue screen of Death) since switching to Linux.Even if I have a crash I can Fixed it or find comfortable solutions for it.When I had Windows,I better take it or go buy a new computer and wait for the next crash.

All I am saying People who criticised without viable solutions for Now,today or realtime ,is not worth an minute of your time.

I don't know how to respond all these. First of all, Voissess, there's a language barrier in your messages. From what I see that might be a cause for people to not understand what you're trying to say.

Do you need some Firewood,Stones and some birds.
    Even Cavemen of different tribes found ways to communicate.So try to understand .That is the basis of all communications

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-05-07 13:56:35
  • Damn Voisses, in the time it took to post all that, you could've patched ALL of the metadata bugs  =))
    what more you have Wilco.

I can Fixed mine
    Please be clear on what issue you have

Mine works perfectly on tunein (proof of concept)
    Go look for your self VOISSES

• If you followed my suggestion here   
          https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/32782#Comment_32782

and
    Which deals with custom metadata

and change the custom metadata to Read (regular users)

default = rewrite_metadata([(!ref_off_air_meta,"artist" ),("-","title" )], default)

or

Disable the custom metadata (Autodj mod script users)

#default = rewrite_metadata([("title", !ref_off_air_meta)], default)

Do not disable if you did not modify the script for Autodj,you will see unknown and then come in here to complain

You cannot have any metadata Problem

or

• If you want a Quickie but not reliable

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/16857/unknown-how-to-deal-with-metadata-that-shows-unknown

The only problem you will have is if your webstreams drop regularly you will see it moving between offline and the metadata
    This is solved by "delaying" the switch.
    like this

• default = fallback(track_sensitive=false,[strip_blank(max_blank=60.,threshold=-45.,default),autodj]) for Autodj users
    • default = fallback(track_sensitive=false,[strip_blank(max_blank=60.,threshold=-45.,default)])  should work for regular users,I have not tested it an will not unless needed
    Basically it will takes 60seconds (1minute) after a silence of -45db before switching back and forth

Please note that you have to tweak this for yourself

As I said there is no real need for any custom field so Autodj and People who are not anal retentive should  disable it

Go here if you want to see how pull data from any outside script

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-05-07 23:26:34
    @Rodger_Wilco

I know you will not provide feedback,until a later date ,you blast out you still have problem,let me put how anybody can provide a feedback so anybody here can help you,If you have Rodger's unique problem

Use these two debug statement and put them at the lines indicated.When your metadata changes
    then post those lines

The only caveat make sure you have done the two instructions I state above

1.Fixed the Library metadata  that is the instructions about edit the ls_lib.liq
    2.Fixed the Custom metadata that is the instructions for the default rewrite ( if you use any form of autodj-that is a mod ls_script.lib ,you do not need custom metadata ,just disable it -using the hash tag"#")

Here is the debug scripts

#Put these at the line number indicated

default = on_metadata(fun(m) -> print("echo #{m[\"title\"]} - #{m[\"artist\"]} >> mydebug1.txt"),default)  # Line 153

s = on_metadata(fun(m) -> print("echo #{m[\"title\"]} - #{m[\"artist\"]} >> mydebug.txt"),s) 
    # Line 283

These are non-intrusive debuggers and should not ,will not,and cannot affect your metadata so post your unique problem I can look at it

If you do not provide feedback ,and sensible ones I cannot fixed yours.

Mine is fixed and the number of fixes I do to my scripts ,I cannot list here because I do them for customers so your feed back is appreciated

Now if you do not get the solutions

I have
    1. A whip (mahogany - a small branch from it) - believe in it not for life and organization
    2. firewood,stones and one faithful dove

Which would you like?

Thank You Mama for Using you whip in a non-abusive way,without it ,either life would be whipping me or some system.Non of those had those privileges and since you whip me into reality before the Age of Nine,I want to Say

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY YOU AND I LOVE YOU ENDLESSLY

https://youtu.be/Dd_enjA4qMA

Warning: Whipping might not be appropriate for all .I was one of those who needed it for a period until I was nine years old,You should not use it unless you know what you are doing

<:-P
    :O)

=))
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-05-08 13:07:36
  • Wait, so that code fixes all of the redundant metadata updates plus sends icecast separate artist and track metadata that isn't smashed together with a hyphen? What's this ls_lib.liq pull request of yours all about?
    yep
    and that's what the pull request is for
    As I said Before most older media players and applications used

song = artist+title

like this Snoop Dogg - Drop It Like It's Hot ft. Pharrell

now as you know in elementary coding you use () to group statements (variable or strings) so

("title", "#{!show_name} - #{m['artist']} - #{m['title']}")

that is one block .So separate them

Mark the former developer,in one his preambles justify the approach to use songs this,as soon as I find it I will post the link here,except its not viable since Liquidsoap 1.0 

• Not viable? You mean the behavior changed somewhere between Liquidsoap 0.9x and 1.0? This is really a bug to report to Team Savonet, huh?