Please fix ASAP! silan cuein - cueout
  • Once files are run through silan, the cuein cueout values get entirely borked. It doesn't happen on every song, mind you, but it happens on a lot of them. The only fix is to edit the metadata, which on a library of 7k+ songs is extremely time consuming. Either silan is far to aggressive or it's utterly broken.

I've checked the cc_files table and the correct track length is there, but the cuein - cueout often cuts the song in half (or more). This absolutely needs fixed since our library is in horrible shape.
  • 16 Comments sorted by
  • Thx John - I got the exact info I needed here:

https://github.com/LibreTime/libretime/releases
  • Have you put the

default fade in, default fade out , and default crossfade to 0

in the system pereference
    • put a "0" do not delete the information and leave it blank which is to tell it to use the default which is 0.2 seconds
    • Then restart your system to have effect( I cannot  understand why this change and the replay gain only  takes place when you restart the whole system and not just by restarting the liquidsoap)
    While this may be obvious I have seen where it seems to help others like this post

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17058/crossfade-causes-stream-buffering

Read the answer to question 4

Wish the best
    VOISSES
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-11-25 10:10:50
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Do i change those settings then reimport all the tracks? Or do they magically get fixed?
  • I reimported anyway. Crossing my fingers this works. Thanks...
  • This is still happening. I'm of the mind it's a silan/14.04 Ubuntu issue, since it used to work fine.
  • You Are gonna have big  and endless problem with 14.04

VOISSES
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • I have it running on 14.04 a tiny ARM box at that.
    I just had to update a few packages. Silan is one of them.
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • So far, all my problems with 14.04 have been solved, minus this silan stuff.

John, i took your advice and updated silan to 3.2.2-2 from 3.2.2-1. We shall see if that fixes it.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Jason,

This sounds like bug https://github.com/x42/silan/issues/3 which only affects recent distros using libavcodec54 as far as we know. Fixed packages are now available from our apt server, please give them a shot:

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17273/bugfix-silan-packages-for-ubuntu-14-04-lts-039trusty039-now-available

Cheers!

Daniel
  • Daniel, thank you for updated packages!
    tried to update with that command:
    apt-get install --reinstall silan=0.3.2~trusty~sfo-1
    now all looks good and problem with wrong track length have gone
    # dpkg -s silan | grep Version
    Version: 0.3.2~trusty~sfo-1

• The big question now is how to refresh the fade out times for songs. Any idea on how to do that without re-importing?

EDIT: Looks like the easiest way is to just dump all the content for future shows and rebuild it. So far, no que out problems after 2 hours of audio.
    Post edited by Stephen King at 2015-10-12 21:54:27
  • Specifically, what do I have to do to upgrade Silan on Ubuntu 14.04 ?

I use PuTTy, can log in as root. Can anyone instruct me on what I type/enter to get this done?

This . .

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17273/bugfix-silan-packages-for-ubuntu-14-04-lts-039trusty039-now-available

. . .  is encouraging but I do not know how to implement this.

Any help much appreciated.
    Post edited by Ed Pressman at 2017-08-30 06:51:12
  • There is a 14.04 version listed in the Libretime Issues section that you can install. libretime.org
  • I am running Libretime (a fork of open source Airtimepro) on some servers. It is not without it's problems but has some cool extra stuff.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2017-08-31 05:03:02
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech
    vookis said:

Hello, can u say something about a monitor phone mobile recorder on Android. How can we use this application in our phones?

what
  • You Are gonna have big  and endless problem with 14.04