shoutcheap.com and Airtime, is possible ?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down YannickYannick
    Hi,

I have discovered this host company : www.shoutcheap.com, do you know ?

Is possible to connect airtime to shoutcheap ?

Thanks
    Post edited by Yannick at 2014-06-30 20:57:04
  • 10 Comments sorted by
  • Hmmm Google around. Enough said.
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
    Hmmm i know streaming from one computer to airtime with butt software for example but i have no idea how airtime can streaming sound to soundcheap himself ?

It is native option or script from liquidsoap ?

Post edited by Yannick at 2014-06-30 21:09:57
  • Shoutcheap uses Shoutcast servers. It is possible to stream from Airtime to a Shoutcast server. Take a look at the stream settings in "System->Stream".

Shoutcheap will provide you with the information you need.
    Set the Stream Type, the Bit Rate, the Server (the IP address of your Shoutcast server on Shoutcheap), the port number (provided by Shoutcheap).
    Set the Service Type to 'SHOUTcast'.
    Set the number of Channels.

Click on "Additional Options" and enter the credentials provided to you by Shoutcheap to their Shoutcast server. Click the "Save" button and Airtime will restart. If all goes well, you should be able to tune in and listen.
    AHHHH ok !! It's very simple.

Thanks Wade !

EDIT : I prefer Icecast option for use auto DJ configuration : http://www.shoutcheap.com/what-is-the-difference-between-shoutcast-and-icecast/
    Post edited by Yannick at 2014-07-01 12:10:57
  • Shoutcheap is NOT the best operation out there, in my opinion.
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Support Icecast!

Stick a fork in Shoutcast. It's a closed source zombie with no real future. The code to v.1 is almost 15 years old now. Version 2 is a fail. The world has moved on. I guar-an-tee you there will not be a v.3. Believe that. 

Adaptive Bitrate HTTP = future
    Yo ! My last discovery... Almost host company use Centova Cast. Informations and demo here http://www.centova.com/en/cast
  • Friend! Just find an inexpensive SSD-based virtual Linux server provider and just use Icecast 2.4. If you need something specifically provided by Centova, tell Team Sourcefabric and support Airtime directly!
    Yes I know, Airtime is the best !

But, i search host company because my bandwith is limited.

So the demo link is just for information. But in Centova i like statistics about songs played
  • Hi Yannick,
    If an icecast instance + bandwith is all you need, we can provide that to a certain extend.
    Drop me a mail: mze@foumbouni.net (French speaking welcomed)

Fred
    Etheractis - Digital Online Media
    http://www.etheractis.fr/?-Radio-