Airtime 2.4 - Edit current playlist ?
  • Dear Airtime team and airtime-addicts,

Thank you for the last updates : cross-fade settings, new indications about the status of a track (scheduled or not), full-screen library, and show linking are really handy.

Still, it seems that I have a new (and really painful) bug : I can not edit anymore the show that is currently playing, can't remove/add any track or shift the order of my sounds. (and it happens that I deleted a track in my library instead of removing it from the "now playing"... )
    Is it just a bug or a have you removed this very useful possibility to edit the current playlist ?

Thanks for your answers !
  • 12 Comments sorted by
  • I have the same issue with 2.4. I cant edit the current playlist.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    Is that a linked show instance?
    The design in 2.4 has disabled on-the-fly contents editing for linked show.
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • Thanks for your comment, you're right, it's a linked show instance. 
    Do you know if this feature, "on the fly editing", will be activated soon ? It would be too bad not to use the show linking just because of this !

Cheers,
    floriane

• Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    in theory no,

linked shows are not reals shows
    If you want editing a show "on the fly" that would be a real show
    to be more precise
    linked shows are created for regulars instances of shows
  • Yes, I know that linked shows are regular instances; still, on a daily basis, it is such a great feature to edit "live" your sequence. 
    As even if I build my smart block before, I still want to adjust it on the fly, removing or adding different tracks. And even more that I create quite long shows.

in this case, ask it for a next version (as a feature request) here :

http://dev.sourcefabric.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa
  • it will be done, thanks !
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    BTW, there's a workaround about this topic. You can edit the current instance of linked show by navigating to Calendar, clicking the currently instance and choosing Edit -> Edit this instance. After you click "Update show", it will detach from other linked instances and you can edit it as you will. 
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • Tested & approved, thanks for the trick ! 
    Only the very last instances cannot be updated / detached and so edited live.
    Many thanks for your help :)
  • Cliff Wang says

BTW, there's a workaround about this topic. You can edit the current instance of linked show by navigating to Calendar, clicking the currently instance and choosing Edit -> Edit this instance. After you click "Update show", it will detach from other linked instances and you can edit it as you will. 

What I do is delete the Instance and re-enter a new show for that timeslot.

My biggest problem was that I created a playlist with station time,news weather and sport for the first 10 minutes on TOH and repeated it for all days.

i found out it played the same news (lets say today news) for every  but I was unable to cancelled the old  News(it say it schedule and can only be deleted on the Now Playing time) and put in the current news,so for now both are running at the same time,but when I get home I work on the solution
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
    In fact by this way this instance will be de-linked
    and come back to a normal show run