[campcaster-support] Problem with soundcard
  • Hi,This was incorrectly posted to the campsite-users list instead of here, so I'm forwarding it. I also read on one of the Ubuntu forums that there are actually quite a few people having problems with this sound card - for one thing it uses 96khz as its native bitrate. Also, there may be hardware incompatibilities, such as problems with the interrupt settings; in one case the card was clashing with the graphics card. Yikes. -- doug padEE <padee@gmx.net>Sent by: campsite-users-bounces@lists.campware.org10/07/2008 01:38 PM ESTPlease respond to "Mailing-list for all campsite users." To: campsite-users@lists.campware.org cc: bcc: Subject: [campsite-users] Problem with soundcard Hi everyone,I got Campcaster 1.4 Beta for Ubuntu Hardy 8.04, the installation wentpretty smoothly, everything seems to be running ok (Scheduler,importing of sound files, ...), thank you a lot.There is one problem with our M-Audio Delta 1010:0 [M1010          ]: ICE1712 - M Audio Delta 1010M Audio Delta 1010 at 0xec00, irq 20There is no sound at all getting through the Delta1010 withCampcaster, nor with any audio player. The only sound is the startingsound from Ubuntu itself and under System>Preferences>Sound with ALSAselected there is the test beep, which is playing normally. Theaccording XML-Files were set to the Delta 1010 souncard (hw,1).Until now, when I turn off the internal sound card from our LenovoThinkcentre A57, I can play sounds from the Rhytmbox Music Player, butonly Radio streams which are lower than 200kbps.I also tried to turn off Pulse Audio according to some forum entries,the result is unfortunately the same.When the internal sound card and the Delta 1010 are on, then the soundon the internal card works fine, on the external one nothing.I also installed alsa-tools-gui with the envy24 mixer, which isworking normally.Is it possible, that there is a problem with the bitrate? Or is it aproblem in the sound preferences (ALSA, OSS, Pulseaudio...)?I would be very happy about some hints. Possibly someone hasexperience with settings of the Delta 1010 card?Thank you a lot for your help.Patrick--Patrick SchererRadio RMasaryk UniversityBrno - Czech Republic_______________________________________________campsite-users mailing listcampsite-users@lists.campware.orghttp://lists.campware.org/mailman/listinfo/campsite-users