Play Jingle at start of scheduled show
  • Hello,

The station I am working on will be heavily made up of back to back remote DJ's connecting to the show stream.

Is it possible to play a random jingle from a folder at the start of every scheduled show prior to playing any content that maybe there?

Cheers
    Peter
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • Only if every jingle is exactly the same length.

No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • That could be achieved .....The only reason for doing this is to allow for the connection to be made to the show source and the DJ que the first track. They can then play at 30 seconds past the shows start time and we would have no dead air as it were.
  • This is a sample of programming

TOH        00hr00m00s  - 00hr05m00s   Station Time
    SHOW    00hr05m00s  -  00hr55m00s   Show Hour
    EOH       00hr55m00s  -  01hr00m00s   End Of Hour (optional)

This is basic programming in any radio or television station 5 minutes before you do all your station Identification a,promos,spots,intro,trailers etc.

Now all you have to do is create in the calendar a block with 5 minutes at the start,no end,repeat.( well link show try it do not work as it ought to ) But that's it.
    Fill that block with whatever you want
    If from the dj side you want something to play then have them play whatever intro.

Now if you want something exceptional then create your own transition by hacking the ls_script
    look here at how to do this
    https://github.com/kenrestivo/Airtime/compare/live-metadata

but some of these suggestion are unique and could be achieve by policy

listen to this station http://tunein.com/radio/BIGLINK-RADIO-s190864/ at the TOH good luck
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-12-17 09:56:36
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Hello,

Thanks for this, but the DJ isn't able to connect until the show starts if using airtime authentication. Can the schedule over lap. Alternatively can you pre-populate each schedule to have a mp3 as the basic content. This would allow the connection whilst preventing dead air.

Cheers
    Peter
  • There are many ways to do this
    • set up a machine with a streaming server only it can be a simple machine just put Icecast or shoutcast on it
    • have your dj stream to that a
    • bring iit in as a webstream.
    • Then you can populate the contents

pete said:

Hello,

Thanks for this, but the DJ isn't able to connect until the show starts if using airtime authentication. Can the schedule over lap. Alternatively can you pre-populate each schedule to have a mp3 as the basic content. This would allow the connection whilst preventing dead air.

Cheers
    Peter

Thats exactly what I am saying,and thats what you have to do for any software you have,use a playlist schedule with content so if you lose connection it plays the music.
    remeber the typical order of the stream play is

Master - if there is no connection to master Fall to
    Show  - If there is no connection to show fall to
    Schedule (now playing)

So your problem is more of a usage.
    What I see one station did was put a playlist with eight songs another playlist with jingle and add that until it fill the schedule for the time of the show.
    RTFM
    VOISSES

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Thank you VOISSES for the RTFM quote, I have read the manual and hence asking further questions..

However this is not an unheard of requirement, in fact most stations do this kind of thing even the big stations to allow for change of personnel etc.

I have just tried to create an overlapping schedule and I cant ... I basically want to prepopulate content when I create a show so that It is quick and easy .... I work to the KIS principle (Keep it Simple!)
  • I am guessing you can't auto populate the playlists then ?
  • pete said:

Thank you VOISSES for the RTFM quote, I have read the manual and hence asking further questions..

However this is not an unheard of requirement, in fact most stations do this kind of thing even the big stations to allow for change of personnel etc.

I have just tried to create an overlapping schedule and I cant ... I basically want to prepopulate content when I create a show so that It is quick and easy .... I work to the KIS principle (Keep it Simple!)

NOT TOO CLEAR ON WHAT YOU ASKING.
    Smart blocks will populate the schedule at the time of playout base on the criteria set
    Dynamic or regular playlist allows you to put in whatever contents you want whenever  so maybe this is what you want
    Remember link shows will only allow edits before the show start not at play out time and Vice versa

VOISSES