Login visible on LAN computers
  • Default Apache configuration on 2.5.1 does not resolve /login correctly on LAN computers.

I have tried several different Apache configs with no success.    

LAN computer browser resolves SERVER ip as https://localhost/login and does not connect.

Airtime is on Debian Wheezy

• 12 Comments sorted by
  • what do you see when you try to connect, 

are you useing a physical machine for a virtual machine 

• Airtime is installed on a Physical Machine on my network.  By default Airtime is set up to use localhost only. Trying to access airtime server via ip over LAN results in http://puu.sh/aqWlJ/e537e77ae2.png

I would like to be able to connect to airtime using the ServerIP over LAN.   If that is not possible can someone make a guide on how to set up "Fake Domain" hostname / hosts file / DNS  for LAN access only?

Why do I have to be a Fully Qualified Network God in order to set up a simple airtime server?
  • Good evening to all,

yesterday I installed quite a few updates on an ubuntu machine which also has Airtime installed on it.
    Among the several updates there was also one for airtime.

Since the update was installed I have the same issue which Rocket has, but in reverse, I can login from LAN computers with a warning from browsers that the certificate isn't recognised. But, and that is what worries me most, I can't login from remote computers with DDNS service.

When I type the URL to connect to Airtime, the browser changes the URL eg (airtime.ddns-url/login) to eg (https://hostname/login) where hostname is the actual hostname of the PC with Airtime installed.

I tried to dig up the conf files for apache and airtime but I can't seem to find something.

Thanks in advance.
    Post edited by pame webradio at 2014-07-30 11:14:48
  • I did see some Airtime updates flash by while Ubuntu was updating and then reconfigured itself (good thing? bad thing?!).  I have a static IP for my physical and virtual machines (which I have NOT updated Ubuntu on, only the physical), and can get into my VMs but not the physical server.  Same issues as everyone above.  Please help!
  • Has anybody discovered something about the problem mentioned above?

I still can't access my airtime server remotely, only localy.
  • As i always suggest the key to solving problem in linux is your logs,its like the computer diagnostics for a car

So the key to checking the health of an airtime system is

airtime-check-system

This gives a good indication of the status of the system ,such as os and apache software.

you can also  do

for the os
     lsb_release -a

for apache virtual host

apache2ctl -S

and for your airtime version
     apt-cache policy airtime

This is not extensive and I cover basic troubleshooting in a thread in this forum and the manual gives some step - search for it

remove or obscure any information you consider confidential.

The key is giving  some information to anyone not at your  computer

My suspicion is the you either did a distribution upgrade to say 14.04 or you have upgrade to the new airtime security update that uses ssl (in this case check https://yourserver)

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-08-04 09:37:19
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Hello,

thanks for the answer "Voisses Tech". Buy running all the above commands everything seems to work just fine.

The problem started from when I got a message from my Ubuntu saying that the LTS has ended or is about to end so I had to either upgrade to 14.04 or update the HWE. I decided to update the HWE resulting this message (Your Hardware Enablement Stack (HWE) is supported until April 2017.)

The thing is that right after this, I did update quite some packages in which there was the airtime update, so I don't really know which action of these two caused the problem.

I tried the (https://myserver) but it won't show the login page. However in contrary to previous attempts, adding the https in URL now doesn't convert the URL to the localhost hostname as I mentioned on my firts post.

airtime-check-system results:

AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 3.13.0-32-generic
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = i686
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 1933732
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = 1964028
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.5.1
    OS                             = Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS i686
    CPU                            = AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 1803
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 432378
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0.6%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0.0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 2519
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 432349
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 1.0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 2.4%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 1798
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 432378
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 1.0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0.0%
    -- Your installation of Airtime looks OK!

lsb_release -a results:

No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description:    Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
    Release:        12.04
    Codename:       precise

apache2ctl -S results:

VirtualHost configuration:
    wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
    *:443                  pame-radio (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/airtime-vhost.conf:1)
    *:80                   is a NameVirtualHost
             default server pame-radio (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/airtime-vhost.conf:25)
             port 80 namevhost pame-radio (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/airtime-vhost.conf:25)
    Syntax OK

apt-cahce policy airtime results:

airtime:
      Installed: 2.5.1-3
      Candidate: 2.5.1-3
      Version table:
     *** 2.5.1-3 0
            500 http://apt.sourcefabric.org/ precise/main i386 Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

• @pame webradio

There was a security updates for Airtime which now uses https instead of http but your problem was upgrade to UB 14.04  which have a number of  problem,I hope the Airtime team releases  14.04 in the repositories this week as we all know 12.04 life cycle ends this week.

Now for your ddns,you need to forward the port (80) web to port (443) and then open that port on your router or firewall

you can now only  access Airtime via https://yourserver

Some ddns gives redirects  but these steps concern the firewall or router and the ddns which is outside the scope of Airtime discussion,Check an Network administrator for further guidance
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-08-04 12:24:58
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Thank you Voisses Tech, that was my lock out issue and it's fixed!  (U12.04 LTS (works fine for now!), updated router to open port 443, all set).  Phew! 
  • Problem solved here too. It was the 443 port needing forward as well.

Thanks.
  • So, I just did a bunch of updates (haven't done that in a while) and having the same problem experienced by everyone else. Unfortunately, I don't have access to my router, but working on that... Am I to assume that forwarding port 443 to 80 on the router will fix my inability to access remotely?  Playout is still happening...

Ubuntu 12.04.5 (precise)
    Apache 2.2.22
    Airtime 2.5.1-6

• Yep it does
    There is ways to make the outside computer make a request to the inside computer and if and as long as the inside computer is configure to accept that request it will be able to give you access bypassing the router/simple firewall

You have to research it for yourself as I am limited in that knowledge

VOISSES 

22 to Go
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-02-03 10:30:52