Dead air
  • hi all this question has been asked a few times but i have tried a few solutions but none have workded,
    Hi all me again Im using the latest version of airtime, 

if i have a show that pre recorded and the dj fails to upload it and scheduled it, this then says that airtime is off air ( not good)  

how can i program it so that if no content is added it will 

a) play random tracks from my pool of music untill it either added or untill the end of that show,
    b) if a live dj drop ( his connection fails the encoding server crashes etc... ) to do the same as a back up, 

thanks 
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Josh McLainJosh McLain
    Hi Nathan,

The best thing for you to do in that case is just have the show use a dynamic smart block that your DJ will broadcast over. So still schedule content like a normal show and either use the Show Source or Master Source to override the scheduled content.

-Josh
  • ok il try that, 

one probelm tho in my stream settings i dont have any settings in there, 
    should i manually set them my self using the server that was installed when i installed it, with a different mount point and port ???????
  • Yep... that or set up an external icecast server and point it there instead!
  • ok thanks, 
  • would their be a bleed in time for the live dj to enable a smooth transmission from pre recorded show to live