When add new files via Artime UI
  • I am using some hack (LS modified to get local music from store, when no scheduled show).
    My question is: shall I restart anything (LS, Airtime, DB) after upload in order to get it into play?
    Seems to me new files are not playing... Sorry if that is silly question. Still learning product.
    www.actionsch.com - Bringing talents in life!
    + Action Radio School +
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • LS would need restarting.
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • Thank you, John. That is what I was assuming. Any plans in new versions to be added doing it automatically or so?
    + Action Radio School +
  • BTW, When I look at Icecast field: Current Song, I see it often has "Unknown" tag...
    I believe that is b/c the file has not filled some tag. 
    Which tag I need to look in the file to fix it?
    Shall I do it prior upload, or I can fix it when it is in the store already?

Rephrased: maybe better to know what song's tags are really crucial in order to import it via UI and do not show Unknown?
    Post edited by Alex Gainulin at 2014-07-30 12:13:12
    + Action Radio School +
  • If You are using OGG files  you need to turn on the meta data
     system===>stream settings
    and turn on
    If you use a mod script one of the complains was that you do not get a history,so I whipped up a php script and submit

You can read my last post here

http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15711/liquidsoap-tunein-com-now-playing-implementation

Use the simple script and push to your own server
    Even if you do not have the tunein credentials put whatever you want ,like partner keys "pending"

Then you will get a full history of even your schedule that you can used.

Let me know what issues you have with metadata ,I will try and help

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.