I need help setting up airtime w/broadcaster
  • OK Ive got airtime installed on my server but I cant figure out how to get the broadcaster theme going as my front page.. I get the airtime admin page.. how do I use the broadcaster theme? is there a step by step guide anywhere? my website is radio.dreamsciencerecordings.com I'd like www.dreamsciencerecordings.com to be the broadcaster theme and radio.dreamsciencerecordings.com be the admin login .. can someone help me please! =) 
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Aslan, the above should work if other.example.com is set up in DNS, but I would recommend that you use separate virtualhost files so that you can control the virtual hosts independently.  This is what I recommend for /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/newscoop-vhost.conf

<VirtualHost *:80>
          ServerName www.dreamsciencerecordings.com

ServerAdmin youremail@dreamsciencerecordings.com

DocumentRoot /var/lib/newscoop
          DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

<Directory /var/lib/newscoop>
                  Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews
                  AllowOverride All
                  #Uncomment the line below only for Apache 2.4 or later
                  #Require all granted
          </Directory>
    </VirtualHost>

For /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/airtime-vhost.conf I would recommend the SSL configuration shown at http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/secure-login-with-ssl/

This is more complicated but makes your Airtime server considerably more secure. Once you are familiar with self-signed certificates, you might consider using one for the admin/ login of your Newscoop site.

Please let us know if you need more help.

Cheers!

Daniel
  • OK so I have a test server up and running with newscoop and airtime both installed  but only airtime is working.. I know it's virtual host settings.. I just haven't had any luck getting it set up correctly.. a guide would be awesome!!!!!!!! <3 

• Hello! Running Airtime on a server with anything else is asking for trouble as you've already experienced. Separate the two! Read the documentation!  :x
  • hah! ^ thats exactly what I'm doing now! =P now I'm having problems importing the theme to newscoop "import failed" ARGH!! started a new discussion in "newscoop support"
  • for those of you that are looking here to find a solution for yourselves you can try this.. I haven't yet but I think it will work..  edit your .conf file and then restart apache2  im setting up a server to test it now =) 

# This first-listed virtual host is also the default for *:80
    ServerName www.example.com
    ServerAlias example.com
    DocumentRoot /var/lib/newscoop
    </VirtualHost>

ServerName other.example.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/otherdomain
    </VirtualHost>