Install Newscoop on shared hosting
  • Hi,
    I would like to instal Newscoop with theme Global News on my shared hosting, but I can't. I've read manuals, set permissions on my FTP client, but it didn't help. Can anyone help me?
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Imonet

you will have to give a lot more information

• I asked this question over a year ago. Never received an answer. I came back to see if there was any progress or atleast an answer. Nothing.

I would give up ever trying to install it on a shared server or actually getting any help.
  • As far as I read the manuals, there's currently no way to install it on a shared server since during the installation there are some services set up that need root access to install. The only way to do this task is to ask your provider if he kindly will do that for you, what he most likely will refuse cause he don't know what he's installing and wants to avoid to cut down the server speed with an unknown application. Also he wants to avoid to have to update the software from time to time for you. That's money.
    An easy way to get around this issue is to buy a root server for a few $. But for checking this piece of software out imho it's too much effort.

MAybe the team has some suggestions on how to do it. At least for the future.
  • Like Manfred Honka wrote. You can buy cheap VPS for $5-10/mo with root access and install it there. Shared hosting require root privileges, so VPS is the best option here.

Best,
    Post edited by Rafał Muszyński at 2014-08-06 10:18:59