SOLVED Article type-a new field created and its type was given as Topic but cant display on template
  • I need help guys! on admin site I created a new field under the 'news' article type. the new field's type was chosen as Topic. On article edit page I can see the new field with the subtopics in the drop down box. how ever, on template, under the article_list I called the new field with this line $gimme->article->newfield  but it cant be displayed. Whats wrong? any help appreciated.

here is the Articlemetadatatype table line ..
    type_name Ascending 

field_name

field_weight Ascending 2

is_hidden

comments_enabled

fk_phrase_id

field_type

field_type_param

is_content_field

max_size

affiliate300NULLtopicNULL0NULL
    news

Post edited by akedemik calisma at 2014-07-14 16:13:55
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • ok . I found the solution myself. for those having same issue, I am giving the details... actually it s a bug in MetaArticle.php under template_engine folder.

the file location to be edited is template_engine/metaclasses/MetaArticle.php

line is around 255... the old lines as follows:
    if ($articleFieldType->getType() == ArticleTypeField::TYPE_TOPIC) {
                        $fieldValue = new MetaTopic($fieldValue);
                    }

you have to chnage these lines as follows:

if ($articleFieldType->getType() == ArticleTypeField::TYPE_TOPIC) {
                        $fieldValue = TopicName::GetTopicNames($fieldValue); //new MetaTopic($fieldValue);
                        $fieldValue = $fieldValue[$this->m_dbObject->getProperty('IdLanguage')];
                    }

and that is all...