running on different ports no login screen
  • Ok so i wanted another genre stream and i created a virtual machine (debian) and am trying to run it on it all on port 8002
    (icecast2 and airtime stream).  What i want to setup really is icecast running on its own port and airtime running on its on port.
    As of now all i am able to get is icecast2 http pages. http://localhost:8002 brings up icecast status.  seems apache2 is still
    running on default port as well cause if i just put in my local ip addy it brings up default apache server page.

root@airtime2:/home/user# ls -l /etc/apache2/sites-enabled
    total 0
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Mar 20 15:52 airtime-vhost.conf -> ../sites-available/airtime-vhost.conf

I'm going to start from scratch and reload the server and reinstall airtime and such.
    What exactly will i need to change to to have icecast2 running on port 8002
    and airtime on port 82. and how will i access the admin screens.
    Thanks in advance

• 8 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    please search on this forum, this question was answered a lot of time....
  • I have and i am not finding conclusive detailed instructions. 
  • So here is my tutorial
    http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/16216/101-virtual-hosting-for-dummies/p1

Now here are the key notes to consider

1. Modify the ports  from 80 to 82 (or whatever your airtime port is to run on) in
    • /etc/airtime/api_client.cfg
    • /etc/airtime/airtime.conf 

2. Add the listen ports and NameVirtual Host  to apache ports configuration

• Change the  port Name virtual host in apache sites-available to your port
    • Restart apache

and thats it

And Just a note copy the tutorial and possible print then "Pick sense out my non-sense"

Good luck

VOISSES

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-03-28 15:52:07
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Thank you very much.
    Post edited by john h at 2014-03-24 14:42:30
  • I'm sorry but i am confused.  I have two separate servers behind the same router (i have one real ip, nat and dynamic dns running on router).  First server i have setup with default ports and second server I want apache/airtime running on port 82 and icecats2 running on 8002.  I understand what files need to be changed but i don't know where to put 82 or 8002.
    Post edited by john h at 2014-03-28 12:19:46
  • I fixed the above instructions for you.
    Hope you understand.
    Pay attention to those in bold,those are the files to modify

Good Luck
    V.O.I.S.S.E.S.
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-03-28 15:53:20
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • dang. got airtime running on 82 (access from the internet) and connecting to it's stream but can't listen to it on 8002 (outside the lan).

From the server (on the lan side) itself i can get to 8002.  I am forwarding ports in the router etc etc.  
    I think its in the icecast config.  i changed the ports in the config. and i even added a listen:8002 or something like that.

domain.com:8002/airtime_128 doesn't work though domain.com:82 does.

domain.com:8000/airtime_128 (seperate server behind firewall) works fine.

it points to a firewall issue but i don't think it is cause other server works fine.

Ran port scan on top level domain and only 80 82 and 8000 are showing open.  
    But i have port forwarding setup the same on all the ports including 8002.

Post edited by john h at 2014-03-31 16:41:22
  • Port  Forwarding is Customizeable on an individual basis so I am afraaid you are in this sea all by yourself ,so play with it until you find out also you might want to go to portforward website for some tips.

Good Luck
    VOISSES