Composer plugins install error (Newscoop 4.2.1/Debian Wheezy 32)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down SaidSaid
    Hi, the new plugins installer for 4.2.1 doesn't work and shows an error saying Composer can't place files in plugins/cache because the directory does not exist.

I have added a new directory at newscoop/plugins/cache, tried changing the path Composer uses to newscoop/cache/plugins (after seeing this described as a "fix" on your website), and although Composer now installs new plugins at newscoop/plugins/newscoop/xxxplugin, these are not shown as being avalable in the plugins manager.

Do I need to move any folders or add anything else to make it work?!

Any help will be appreciated.
  • 3 Comments sorted by
    Any help/support about this problem?

Any takers?

Although I recognise everyone at Sourcefabric is too busy making money to care that I am losing it daily as a result of selecting a cms that promised many things (including a fabulous, new plugin system in the 4.2.1 release notes), even a short reply that tells me what steps I need to take to install the plugin manager so that I can then install the paywall plugin (instead of wasting week after week), will be appreciated. I would not have asked my original question if either your cms or the plugin manager installation instructions on github worked - or even if the so called "fix" to the paths issue on your development board/the current github master worked. 

And if anyone from Sourcefabric bothers to read this post, they might note that some of us would appreciate an update on when 4.2.2 is going to come out (or if it is ever going to come out, since your development board shows there are fewer unresolved issues in the development version, 4.3!)

Is it unreasonable to expect a "publishing" cms to allow people to move articles, add image metadata or accept promised new plugins?!

Incidentally, the development board also gives a release date of February 2014 for 4.2.2 which was now 2 months ago

Perhaps if you had been a little more transparent about the problems with the software, you would have prevented those of us who have been stupid enough to have faith in your company, from wasting money and time - it is nearly a year since the original 4.2 version was released and you have still not been able to come up with a "fixed" version that works.

Why not release another update (4.2.1-1?) that at least solves issues you already have solutions for, instead of wasting people's time?
  • Hi Said, 

sorry, that you are unhappy with the delay in the version release.

But as you may know, sometimes development takes longer and we want to make sure to release a stable Newscoop version. So please stick around.

We will announce the release of Newscoop 4.3 (as well as Newcoop 4.2.2) through our official channels soon! 

Kind regards from the Sourcefabric team, 

Eva