Sometimes no connection possible
  • Friends,

i've got a problem. First i describe my setup.

I use Airtime 2.4.1 on my own linux (debian 7.1) server. The server is using ISPConfig 3.0.5.3 to handle the FTP, domains and all this stuff. This server is behind the IP 109.230.253.59. I use a subdomain for Airtime. radio.paratodo.de. This subdomain shows to 109.230.253.59. I installed a reward-DNS like radio.paratodo.de > 109.230.253.59, too. Under the same IP i have my domain for my website paratodo.de. Fine.

Sometimes i can't get a connection to radio.paratodo.de. I didn't get an answer from my server. It's not like "website not available". He tryes and tryes and tryes and so on... Sometimes it needs 10, 20 seconds, sometime 10 minutes and sometimes several hours. I can't see a pattern, where i recognize why the subdomain is not reachable. But in the same time - when radio.paratodo.de gets no connection - i can get to paratodo.de like ever. Cause this i see, the server is online and the IP is available. I talked to my domain-host. He means (and i saw too), there is no problem with the DNS. Hm. Maybe the devil is inside ISPConfig. But i think, if there is a misadjustment, it would be a failure all the time, and not only sometimes.

Do anybody have an idea or a solution how to solve this problem? Or another way: can anybody tell me how to install everything, that the lovely airtime is running like it should? How did you installed? Is it stable?

I'm so sad, because it's not running correctly. It's like if you love somebody, but th loved person plays wit you ;-)

Greetings (still) from Austria!
    Paul
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    Hi Paul,
    at least Airtime itself is stable enough for our FM-station http://www.radio-b138.at
    Sadly this is not my special subject, but I'm sure Albert FR or another user can offer help.
    afaik there were a few discussions onboard in the past. so please go for a search too.
    and here is a discussion about different setups / showcases http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15584/here-is-my-setupwhat-is-your-setup-and-how-can-i-improve-mine/p1
    Where are you located in Austria?
    cheers

Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Hi Paul,

as said @hoerich that's not an Airtime problem, but seems to be a DNS or Bind problem

without more information about that give you an answer is difficult

but in all cases prefer A type than CNAME type (in your registrar domain name declaration)
  • Hey guys,

thank you for your support. Yesterday i've installed a new server, which is only for airtime. There i don't use any ISP or something like that. Later i programmed my playlists, shows and so on and recognized no problems with any loadingtime. It seems, that ISPConfig was the problematic part. I will report in a few days again, if anything runs fine. At the moment it does.

Friends, thank you again.

By the way: @hoerich, i'm from Sigharting, Oberösterreich. But in a few days i'm leaving for living in Paraguay (and i'm so glad, that the radio seams to run...) - Jippie Hippie! ;-)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    good to hear! all the best for paraguay!
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.