Run separate playlists on different streams.
  • Run separate playlists on different streams. Is there a way to do this on one installation / instance of Airtime?  I see three separate streams but no way to give each stream a separate playlist.  The result is I want to run a music station on one stream and a talk station on another.

I am running Airtime 2.4 on DebianWheezy 7.1.

Thx
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    It's not supported for now. One Airtime instance for one liquidsoap process and all output streams are playing same contents.
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • Is there any consideration of implementing that feature in the future?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    You could file a feature request under Airtime project in JiRA: dev.sourcefabric.org.

We will implement the features that most users voted.
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • @cliff,
    I looked at  ways to do this,what are your thoughts.

1.  symlink a folder under airtime that will go with Icecast and uses the Icecast backupfile principle-this depends too much on icecast
    2. create separate mount points under stream and separate library playlist

I just wonder if anyone have a thought on how this will be achieve just like a blue print

Seperate mount points already exists so now sits just to have separate playlist.

This question however seems to be like multiple instance, my thoughts is that this can be achieve with things like autodj where its not like the regular create showand other features of Airtime

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-08-06 11:10:55
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.