Managing your audio library
  • Hi!

Sorry to post this thread here, but don't know where to ask elsewhere and I'm sure that you guys who are all managing radio stations have a solution.

I'm having the following problem. 
    I have a great audio library with ALL the audio files I have (music, speech, books... just anything. Here are things I can broadcast but also things that may never go on air because of their quality. Anyway it's smthg I would not delete. Let's say this is on my drive A(ll).

On drive M(irror) I maintain an exact copy of the library I have on my broadcasting server.

So, M is a partial copy, like a partition(as you known partitions from databases) of A. If I add smthg to A I would want it to be easy to add also to M. Also, I would be great that file wouldn't be duplicated, but hard/sym linked as this can be done in linux.

Collections on windows aren't exactly what I need. I found out that Directory Opus has a similar feature maned collections which does exactly what I want except that I doesn't support synchronization for collections, so I would not be able to update to copy from the server. Using collections in opus the files aren't duplicated and I can add/remove any file/directory from the collections as I want disregarding the others.

Now I synchronize the copy from the server using winscp.

I'm sure I wasn't clear enough for smbd to understand anything. Shortly, I wan't to keep a partial copy of a great library, the files not to be duplicated, and the partial copy to be sync-able over ftp, scp.

If you have any solutions, if you know any applications designed for such jobs or if you wish to share you experience in managing an audio library, don't hesitate to post here.

Thanks.

Alex