Stream-in for DJs
  • Hi,

So, I've been working on getting airtime ready to take over our general stream. It will need more work, I'm sure, but for now I'm pretty happy that we've got an auto-dj (ok, just the random function implemented) and once I add some jingles and some extra hd-space to the server I'm sure that will work for the 24/7 bit.

Now for the live shows: I got the master connection to work and take over the auto DJ automatically. Great. That's much better than our current solution, which is kicking the auto-dj from the air, dropping all the listeners (gah) and when you're done, disconnecting again and once more dropping the listeners. Soo, great.. except I don't want everyone to be able to take over at any time. So I tried to use the DJ mode.. no such luck.

I'm using BUTT (as Edcast can't seem to hold a connection to airtime) and that works on the master mountpoint (port: 8001, password: canttellyoubutitstherightone, user is 'source'). Now, for the scheduled DJ I schedule a show, connect dj 'McHollander' to that show and enable live stream input using airtime authentication. I try to connect on 8008 (the port for mountpoint dj) with the right mountpoint and password after the scheduled show starts.. and I get an 'invalid password' error.

I think that this may have something to do with me not inputting a username.. is that correct?

If so question 1: What windows client can I use to broadcast an incoming (ASIO or MME, preferably asio) card to Icecast using the right data? (Mixx can't do it, it only has a mono input for a microphone)

Question 2: There is a custom authentication option.. would using 'source' as a username there work as a work-around for people who use broadcasters that can't input a username?
    Post edited by Adam Thomas at 2012-09-28 07:59:50
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Hi!

BUTT and Edcast work fine in our experience (as does Mixxx). 

Regarding the username: Any program that doesn't ask for a username defaults to "source". So yes, just fill that in the username field and any client should be able to connect.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro